Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok when in 3rd gear it pops out but only in that gear.Does anyone know what i should do?Do i have to buy a new one? it did this sense two days ago.wtf its making me mad. :eeeek:OMFG what the hell man its really making me mad.And if i need to buy a new clutch what sohuld i get and i need to know if someone will help me do this .I will pay .I just dont want to take my car to dodge. :eeeek: And i know this should be some where els but you guys are all my friends and i trust you .Not sayign i dont rust the other guys on the forums but you know what i mean.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
check your shifter bushings...

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
open your center console...take the 4 screws out of the bottom, take out the screws in each cupholder under the radio, pop off the shift knob (pull up!), make sure ebrake is ganked all the way up, slide the whole shabbang up/back and out.....then inspect the bushings on the shifter to ensure everything is ok.

The other two are ontop of the tranny, remove airbox and then look under the battery tray....make sure both bushings are on/in on the tranny end too...

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NeonDan said:
open your center console...take the 4 screws out of the bottom, take out the screws in each cupholder under the radio, pop off the shift knob (pull up!), make sure ebrake is ganked all the way up, slide the whole shabbang up/back and out.....then inspect the bushings on the shifter to ensure everything is ok.

The other two are ontop of the tranny
how to i know if there ok?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
they should be firmly in there and not damaged....if dont touch anything and you can take pics to show us here...that would help

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NeonDan said:
they should be firmly in there and not damaged....if dont touch anything and you can take pics to show us here...that would help
ok if it is them is it going to be hard to fix.Im not sure i will know how :rofl:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
its not hard fix...quit being so damn emo....:lol:....shit happens sometimes and dont forget you are driving a neon....

worse comes to worse...warranty repair is instore. As luke will tell ya Sebring Dodge = t3h suck so your best bet would be to come out here to Civilization....Tapa/St. Pete/Clearwater where the dealerships actually know their mouth from their assholes....

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NeonDan said:
its not hard fix...quit being so damn emo....:lol:....shit happens sometimes and dont forget you are driving a neon....

worse comes to worse...warranty repair is instore. As luke will tell ya Sebring Dodge = t3h suck so your best bet would be to come out here to Civilization....Tapa/St. Pete/Clearwater where the dealerships actually know their mouth from their assholes....
D oyou think they will give me shit there?Cause they wont work on my car any more here :flame: They said i installed to many mods on it :gay: When all i have is intercooler,bov,turboback,and intake :jester:

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NeonDan said:

i dont think i have a warranty anymore :flame:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
How old is your car. From what I've heard and experienced on my own car our trannies do that for the first 1500 mi. My 1,2,and 3rd kept jumpin out. Now it's great. Some take longer to breakin then others.

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lazarusresurrexit said:
How old is your car. From what I've heard and experienced on my own car our trannies do that for the first 1500 mi. My 1,2,and 3rd kept jumpin out. Now it's great. Some take longer to breakin then others.
16,000 mles

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Just take it in. Orlando Dodge is also alright. but don't quote me on that.

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lazarusresurrexit said:
Just take it in. Orlando Dodge is also alright. but don't quote me on that.
I got my car from orlando :clap: they were cool there .Wich one are you talking about ?I got mine fromo greenway dodge.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts