Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my problem.

I had been running a AGP tune on my Xcal2 tuner for over a year. I decided to get a new turbo and a new tune. So I got a GT3071R and had nemiro tune it.

I had numerous problems, numerous cel codes etc that I never got while using the AGP tune.

However, that's not really my main problem. All of a sudden one day when I went to load a new tune revision, in hopes of fixing the cels, the tune stopped working correctly...

Here's what happened.

I loaded my stock tune back to the pcm, as i would always do before uploading a new tune, and when I went to upload the new tune, the tuner said "checking stock" and then DID NOT download the stock tune. Instead it immediately overwrote the PCM with my new tune.

I tried to start the car and it would not run. It would cough and sputter and die in less than 5 seconds.

Ever since then, the only tune that will run is the last tune that was loaded onto the pcm before I went through this process. It is not the stock tune, but rather one of the nemiro tunes that is now on the pcm. The stock tune is gone forever, and no other tune file will run. Not even the original AGP tune files that worked for a year.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the culprit here? Is it possible to wipe the Xcal2 and reload the tunes? Would that help? Can you wipe and reload the drivers?

Anything? I'm really grasping at straws here. I currently have Stage 2 pcm which is in the car now and is flashed with the tune. I still have my Stock pcm, but it is my understanding that once you flash a PCM with a tune, you cannot flash a second PCM with the same handheld.

Any thoughts whatsoever would be helpful.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So here's my problem.

SNIP...

Here's what happened. I loaded my stock tune back to the pcm, as i would always do before uploading a new tune, and when I went to upload the new tune, the tuner said "checking stock" and then DID NOT download the stock tune. Instead it immediately overwrote the PCM with my new tune.
Why would you load your stock tune each time you change the tune? Basically your setting the Xcal and your PCM back to stock. I believe setting your Xcal back to stock removes the custom tunes stored on it so I'm not sure how your ending up with a custom tune on it at all. The only time the stock PCM cal should be loaded to the Xcal2 is when you first connect it to the car for the intial upload of a custom tune.

I tried to start the car and it would not run. It would cough and sputter and die in less than 5 seconds.
Sounds like the wrong tune....

Ever since then, the only tune that will run is the last tune that was loaded onto the pcm before I went through this process. It is not the stock tune, but rather one of the nemiro tunes that is now on the pcm. The stock tune is gone forever, and no other tune file will run. Not even the original AGP tune files that worked for a year.
Sounds like you don't really know how to put the tune on the car or the Xcal2 or possibly both.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the culprit here? Is it possible to wipe the Xcal2 and reload the tunes? Would that help? Can you wipe and reload the drivers?
Driver error...as in the nut behind the wheel.

If you set it back to stock, you should be able to reload the cals to the Xcal2 and start over. Its possible with what you jave done that you may have to take it back to your dealer or send it in to SCT. Are there any errors showing while loading a tune to the Xcal2 or when commuicating with the PCM?

I hope you and your family are safe!

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
I think he has a broken XCal2. You need to contact SCT directly, and they will get the unit fixed up for you.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why would you load your stock tune each time you change the tune? Basically your setting the Xcal and your PCM back to stock. I believe setting your Xcal back to stock removes the custom tunes stored on it so I'm not sure how your ending up with a custom tune on it at all. The only time the stock PCM cal should be loaded to the Xcal2 is when you first connect it to the car for the intial upload of a custom tune.
Well, much the same way that you "believe" setting my xcal back to stock removes the custom tunes on it, I don't. I've checked and rechecked, downloaded and redownloaded, uploaded and reuploaded all files to be 100% sure they were on the xcal. Going back to stack doesn't wipe any tunes from the xcal. As for why? Shit I don't know, I wanted to make sure something like this didn't happen, it could have went either way.

Sounds like the wrong tune....
Sounds like it to me too, but it's not. Like I said, I've uploaded the tune, had it fail, reloaded the tune to the Xcal and tried again, over and over with the same results.

Sounds like you don't really know how to put the tune on the car or the Xcal2 or possibly both.
Again, thanks for trying but that's incorrect. I've loaded and reloaded various tunes onto the PCM successfully at least 15-20+ times with no incident. Until this happened, I never had any problems. Maybe you missed the part about the car running fine for over a year? It happens.

Driver error...as in the nut behind the wheel.

If you set it back to stock, you should be able to reload the cals to the Xcal2 and start over. Its possible with what you jave done that you may have to take it back to your dealer or send it in to SCT. Are there any errors showing while loading a tune to the Xcal2 or when commuicating with the PCM?

I hope you and your family are safe!

Again, I appreciate your attempt at help...but I have tried that. I would love to send it in to SCT, that's sort of why I posted in their section...hoping they might be able to give me some insight, but I'm really not getting any.

There have NEVER been any errors with my xcal2, ever. Not a single one. I would have mentioned it otherwise.

Thanks, my family and my residence are fine. Some others were not as fortunate.

Oh and really, there's no need to insult my intelligence, sometimes shitty things happen just because. It doesn't mean that I did anything incorrectly. That's not necessary.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
I think he was making a joke, really. Still, the idea that the X2 will not save the stock file correctly seems to indicate that is has issues. If you send it to SCT, they may be able to load a new stock file in the stock file location, and make it to where you could return to stock.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think he was making a joke, really. Still, the idea that the X2 will not save the stock file correctly seems to indicate that is has issues. If you send it to SCT, they may be able to load a new stock file in the stock file location, and make it to where you could return to stock.

I'm assuming so as well, I was just hoping someone at SCT might chime in with who to contact to send it back is all.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
SCT does not monitor this forum anymore.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm assuming so as well, I was just hoping someone at SCT might chime in with who to contact to send it back is all.

I've never been known for my sense of humor, sorry for the poor attempt. It sucks when your at the end of your wits and the seemingly simple things start to go wrong. Nothing is funny at that point. I agree with Neil...it needs to go back to SCT..must have some corrupted memory sectors....Did the unit get close to any strong magnetic fields?

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've never been known for my sense of humor, sorry for the poor attempt. It sucks when your at the end of your wits and the seemingly simple things start to go wrong. Nothing is funny at that point. I agree with Neil...it needs to go back to SCT..must have some corrupted memory sectors....Did the unit get close to any strong magnetic fields?

Well it's been in my trunk a numerous times, I have a 12 inch sub flush mounted into the spare tire slot, that's the only thing I can think of.

Thanks for the attempt, I will try contacting SCT directly.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow I forgot about this thread, SCT updated my software, nothing changed. Since I've had this problem, I replaced my Injectors, Plugs, Wires, Coil Pack and both Primary and Secondary O2 sensors with OEM replacements and it did absolutely no good.

Strangely, now it doesn't just die right away, it will continue to idle, albeit very poorly (jumping up and down between 8-1200rpms), with AFR's in the 9's.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
The changes in running like that are telling you that something else is changing, too. Can you save the stock program now? If you still can't, and SCT already worked on the X2, then you likely have a PCM issue.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The changes in running like that are telling you that something else is changing, too. Can you save the stock program now? If you still can't, and SCT already worked on the X2, then you likely have a PCM issue.

You think theres any possibility I can flash my stock pcm? I still have it. But since the SCT isn't downloading the stock tune (no it still wont do that) I'm afraid to fry another pcm. And I read that you can only flash one pcm with one xcal2 at a time, since it wont download or upload the stock tune, I'm not sure if it's possible.

But still, don't you think it's weird that the one tune still works? You'd think if the pcm we're done no tune would work at all.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
I do think it's weird. All I can tell you from this end is to try it. If it will flash the stock PCM, you might make arrangements to send the other one to SCT to have them work on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts