Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to remove the stock boost gauge and place the AEM wideband in the stock pod? Is there anything I should know before attempting this? Has anyone done this?

What I want to do is buy the A pillar 3 pod cluster and put all backlit gauges in that, since the AEM isn't backlit i thought it may look a little funny in the A pillar.

Any suggestions on what gauges? I want a 30 psi boost, I will have two more pods to fill.

I know I'm asking a million questions in one post.

Thanks,

kent_man

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
i have seen one in it and both are 2 1/16 and have the two screws that hold them to the pod....dont see why not

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Simple....

Take off both A pillar covers
There is 1 screw on the side of the upper dash on each side
There are 2 screws in windshield defrost area, 1 on each side(you'll need a short screw driver to get them out)
the dash will just pop up.
The boost gauge has an electrical hook-up (white, just disconnect it)
Follow the black line (boost) back to around where the electrical hook up is and disconnect it from the coupler (pull)

Now the dash can be pulled completely out of the car.

The boost gauge is held in with two nuts, just loosen them an the guage will come out.
The 2 connections that are in the car (electic and boost) are just taped down to keep them in place, loosen them and move them twards the A-pillar so you can make your connection over there. (i'd use the bottom port on you pillar pod for it since the connections are THAT long)

That's about it

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
look in the how-to section im almost positave its in there. its easy once you do it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts