Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help! Need some guidance. PIC's Update

The car is in pieces for the most part. No problem there. But when I was removing the front tires I noticed the BFG's are coming apart. Like freakin recaps. Where the side walls meet the meat they are starting to crack. Also between the tread is cracking. 2 years and 17,000 miles. Wierd.
Anyway went tire shopping. I can get Toyo Proxes T1r's, 4 mounted and balanced for $590. I've never used toyo before. These any good? Price per tire is $125. Are there better tires for less?
Any help at all is more than welcome.

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month, 2011 Calendar C
8,393 Posts
I dont like Toyos at all. I had the Proxes, but I was gonna buy the T1-S last year, my friend at the shop said that the T1-S wasn't a good tire for the money.

I had the Proxes 4 on the car for a month, I HATED them. I hated the road noise, and the highway wander. If you thought the stock whine at 45mph was bad, the Proxes are worse! Some people love Toyos, I hated them with a passion. My friend did the same with his SRT, he bought the Proxes, put em on hated em, and switched to the same tires I have now.

I have BFG G-Force Sports, 225/40ZR18 the best handling dry tires out there, and I absolutely love them. No road noise (they're 100% quiet), no wander, EXCELLENT traction. But thats me.

*edit*
Heres a picture of the tread for ya, I have over 25K on these tires, and they're still in MINT condition.

·
Registered
470 Posts
hey i have the same tires BFG comp sports great tire for the money

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
thats weird that the stock tires are cracking....i have 33k on my stockers and the front are almost bald but not cracking...i never rotate my tires on a front wheel drive car...i would rather have my front end with less traction than having my rear end come out on me around a turn when driving like a nut...i just buy new fronts when ever i have to...and right now i have to buy all 4 because my fronts are pretty much bald and both of my rear tires have one patch each cause they both had nails in them lol

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
I just bought Kumho MX's.. 113 a piece good tire great traction look into them.. The make a number of different sizes...

·
Premium Member
10,649 Posts
I have toyo's and LOVE them. i dont have any road noise or wandering. I run the Toyo Proxie FZ4. 225/45/17. They have excellent traction ( I got a 1.95 60 foot with them) And they handle very good on my car. I would deffentaly buy them again. Also about the stock tires my Michelens did that on my 03 after about 17k on them as well. Thats why I bought the Toyo's

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
Stealth RT said:
The car is in pieces for the most part. No problem there. But when I was removing the front tires I noticed the BFG's are coming apart. Like freakin recaps. Where the side walls meet the meat they are starting to crack. Also between the tread is cracking. 2 years and 17,000 miles. Wierd.
Anyway went tire shopping. I can get Toyo Proxes T1r's, 4 mounted and balanced for $590. I've never used toyo before. These any good? Price per tire is $125. Are there better tires for less?
Any help at all is more than welcome.
John,

I have Toyo Proxes on out astro van and love them. The handling quality is great. But with that said, tires will perform differently on different platforms. I always use the Tire Rack web site for all of my reviews before purchasing my tires.

Update: Tire Rack doesn't carry the Toyo brand . . . Interesting

Reviews: http://www.tiretrends.com/catalog2.php3?tireID=448
http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/toyo

WWW.Tirerack.com

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:thumbsup: Thanks for all the input. I really apreciate it.
I'm going to stay away from the BFG's below are some pictures I took today of the tires. This would be my reason.
The toyo's are what I may endup with. I tried to look up Kumho, but couldn't find any that fit the stock rims 205/50r17
I just can't get over how these BFG's are coming apart.

Some other picture of what I've been up to... :lol:

Hey this SRT has some new relays

Well I won't do it exactly like I planed

At least this parts done.

The new controler will be from Coolingmist. After talking with David I'm convinced his is the best bang for the buck by far. :thumbsup:
Thanks again everyone.
John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts