Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help guys...I've been looking everywhere for this thing... I bought one at Pepboys but it didn't work...it fell off... I need a PCV filter designed for the srt-4....I think that is what its called.. Its the small opening at the side top of the valve cover, the one that goes to the air filter...where the catch can usually goes... I just need a filter for this thing, but the ones that are sold out there are not designed for this car.. If anyone knows of one that is designed for the srt...please let me know...thanks...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
uh...try the dealership. I got mine for like 8 bucks

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
You terminology has me confused. The PCV is a valve on the passenger side cam cover. It's not a filter. The hose from the drivers side of the cam cover goes to the air box, it has a filter (sponge) inside the air box. If you are looking to replace the drivers side hose with a filter there won't be anything listed for the SRT4 because it doesn't come with an external breather filter. Having an external breather filter would violate pollution regulations.

·
Registered
475 Posts
SRT(in)Miami said:
I need help guys...I've been looking everywhere for this thing... I bought one at Pepboys but it didn't work...it fell off... I need a PCV filter designed for the srt-4....I think that is what its called.. Its the small opening at the side top of the valve cover, the one that goes to the air filter...where the catch can usually goes... I just need a filter for this thing, but the ones that are sold out there are not designed for this car.. If anyone knows of one that is designed for the srt...please let me know...thanks...
Go to pepboys and buy 3/8 fuel injector hose. You can run the hose on to the nipple and then you can run it maybe 2 inches and put the filter on the end of it or you can do what i have done in the picture which is run it around some of the wiring and zip tie it to the check valve tray. Hope that gives you some ideas..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Hades; you are using the wrong terms also. The photos you show are of the make-up air line (breather line) NOT the PCV. The PCV is on the other side of the cam cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts