Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you ever seen or heard of a HKS SSQV blow-off valve leaking? Pretty much between about 15 vac to 5 psi, if I'm only half throttling or so, all I hear is this big whoosh of air and a high pictched whistle which is why I believe the valve is not closing all the way and leaking. I also tested out taking off the vacuum line to valve and I noticed if I put my hand where it blows off out of, when the line is connected I can feel air being pulled into the valve but then when I take the vacuum line off I can't feel the air being sucked in any more. Pretty much I just want to know if you have any ideas on why this is doing this or any ways on how to fix it because to my knowledge this valve shouldn't leak due to it being a pull type and not a push type blow-off, but I don't know. Any help or info. you can give me would be appreciated, thanks guys.
-Jeff

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it is it pretty much it has two openings to vent the air, there is a smaller one that opens under lower boost and then under higher boost the larger one opens up and vents the air. And it's a rod that's connected to the two of these and boost pressure keeps it closed and the vacuum pressure when you let off the gas is what opens it up, honestly I don't know alot about valve so I can't get into specifics. As far as the lubrication I don't think it needs to be but I'm going to take it off and try that tonight and see if that helps, I've only had the valve on for like a month so I don't think that's it but we'll see.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
How old is is and are you sure its real? LOTS of knock offs out there. It is one of the most common fakes you find out there. The fakes are lower in quality and may leak regardless of what you do.

Reason I ask age is HKS redesigned them a year or so ago. The slightly older ones had to nuts on top. You could adjust at what pressure it blew off at. If you unscrew the top nut a little and tighten down the bottom nut it will increase the amount of pressure it will hold before it blows.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Sounds normal to me, under boost no matter how much if u let off the gas it will go off.

i love mine and i think it does the same but i don't worry about it,

get worried whenever it does not go off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts