Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have little black specks all over the back end of the car? I think it might be fron running my ATP race pipe? Anyway I have tried cleaner wax, soap and water, and bug and tar remover. I can get like 1 spec to come off if I pollish like a madman for about 10 minutes in the same spot. :crying: Does anyone know how to get this crap off without damaging the paint. My whole back end feels rough from it. Would a clay bar take it off? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Forum Moderator
13,324 Posts
Yes clay bar should remove the carbon deposits.

Then I suggest using a good quality wax on the trunklid and rear bumper. That way they won't stick to the paint as bad and will wash off easier.

·
Registered
323 Posts
3M Rubbing compound works the best! Takes 5 minutes to do the whole back of the car. My white stripes show the specks the most but the rubbing compound makes short work of them. Soap will not remove them as easy as the compound does. I can find out the exact name of the bottle I use if you like. :hi:

·
Registered
934 Posts
lol I can't help myself to post I saw the thread "little back Kling-on all over back of my car" :jester: :jester:

·
Registered
998 Posts
This wont help get the Klingon bastatrds off that you already have, but a catch can and plug on the right side valve cover vent will prevent any more of these carbon deposists from occuring.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for all your suggestions. I guess I'll get to work on it then. Hope I don't dislocate my shoulder getting that crap off this time. I wonder if this could be considered a warrenty issue if the paint were actually damaged from the carbon. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Was at the track this weekend and after trying the usual tar remover for a while, on whim I tried WD-40 I WILL NEVER USE ANYTHING ELSE AGAIN! This stuff dissolves carbon and robber like its not there.:clap:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.