Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A co-worker came up to me and said, "is that car undercoated?" I was like, "i dunno :? " He said since you got in florida you better check it out cause when it snows and they salt the roads, it's gonna eat away at your underbody w/o undercoat? Are cars shipped to different regions treated differently :?: ALL INPUT IS WELCOME!! :D

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
*this is not a direct answer to the above question*

i saw on here posted by someone that undercoating by a 3rd party (ziebart i think) was really crappy, i guess they drill extra holes, cover up factory drain holes and dont warranty rust on metal they they didnt coat even if it was an area that they coated, and then some guy from a dealer was saying they only half-ass their undercoatings... so some very mixed words about undercoating this is all second hand info im just putting it out there so take it as it is and maybe someone will post more info regarding this etc etc.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
drizze99 said:
A co-worker came up to me and said, "is that car undercoated?" I was like, "i dunno :? " He said since you got in florida you better check it out cause when it snows and they salt the roads, it's gonna eat away at your underbody w/o undercoat? Are cars shipped to different regions treated differently :?: ALL INPUT IS WELCOME!! :D
Did they try to sell it you as an option? Most of the time they do so I wouldn't think it's on there, just a guess though.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Grunge would have crawled under anyones SRT to check....if he could find one.. :twisted:

Sorry, couldn't resist. My bad !! :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Yeah, rub it in, it's all goooooood. I see how it is. I swear I will have one of my own to crawl under any day now. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Dont worry

Grunge said:
Yeah, rub it in, it's all goooooood. I see how it is. I swear I will have one of my own to crawl under any day now. :lol: :lol:
Good things come to those who wait....like
working reverse lights , and good map sensors ..... :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I looked at the one that came in today and it does not. I don't want it undercoated so that is a good thing for me.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
daytonagts said:
I looked at the one that came in today and it does not. I don't want it undercoated so that is a good thing for me.
OK, now I'm worried again! Thanks Daytona!! I'm crawling under mine tomorrow. What am I supposed to look for? What color is it?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Re: Dont worry

cali said:
Grunge said:
Good things come to those who wait....like
working reverse lights , and good map sensors ..... :lol:

These are easy fixes though right? Not serious enough to wait for the 2004?

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
The MAP sensor goes in mine on thursday, while I wait at dealer. Mechanic says 10 minutes.

Back-up lights are probably a loose plug, but have to get update from the person who posted it.

Undercoating on mine is black.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do you guys actually plan to use your SRT-4s in winter? If I can eventually get one up here, I certainly won't use it in the snow. Not only will the overwhelming horsepower make for difficult starts on slippery surfaces, I can just picture snow packing up in front of the intercooler and damaging something...

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
RFMan said:
Do you guys actually plan to use your SRT-4s in winter? If I can eventually get one up here, I certainly won't use it in the snow. Not only will the overwhelming horsepower make for difficult starts on slippery surfaces, I can just picture snow packing up in front of the intercooler and damaging something...
No I don't, but you should still have it on yours just because the cars are more rust prone with higher acid rain levels up north (unlesss you live in like Montana or out in the middle of nowhere). Drizze, that under coat is black (as raptor said) and it looks like some blob crawled up under your car and dried to death there. Kinda like black brains spread across the bottom of your car :shock:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RFMan said:
I have no choice :( , it's my daily driver!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm probably going to buy a used Jeep or something for next winter. Just the money I'll save from not insuring an SRT during the winter months will pay for the beater Jeep I think...

·
Registered
71 Posts
It cant be any worse than when i had to get my 94 Trans Am out of hibernation when my Maxima's starter died. I had a 96 Neon that could hang with most small squalls. :)

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
SpitterGuy...that is a hilarious, but accurate description of undercoating

1 - 20 of 25 Posts