Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find this leak for a few days , it's hard to pin point it because there is oil on everything. I believe the leak is coming from one of the lines near the turbo. I just got this car and am not sure if there is a common hose that leaks oil. I have included pics of the area where the leak is. also the leak is pretty bad . It's a consistent drip every ten seconds when the car is running.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tool Rim Bicycle part
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Bicycle part Automotive exterior
Tire Automotive tire Tread Wood Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive wheel system Rim
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Rim
Tire Automotive tire Tread Wood Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well, the first step is going to be cleaning all that crap up so you can start to begin diagnosing where it's coming from. After that, start looking at turbo oil lines. Personally, my camshaft position sensor once starting leaking and things looked sorta like that (though much less severe). Oil can end up pretty far from a leak's origin. Rule out as many origins as possible by cleaning and monitoring.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Yeah, you might need some cleaning first. My return line coupling split in 2010, looked similar. I also had an oil pressure sender go bad and it dripped oil in the same location.

Jack the car up and then scoot under the car behind the cat look at the back of the engine from the exhaust tunnel. You can see the return line and pressure sensor through there.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,517 Posts
Sometimes it will surprise you, you'll think you have it narrowed down and get everything apart, then realize it's something else entirely.

I thought my rear main went out, pulled everything apart and realized it was my oil pan, missing bolts with several loose. I was just glad to get it figured out.

Still got a brand new rear seal, they are not expensive though, so no biggie haha.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Clean with Gunk Degreaser then Murphys Oil for a nice smell.
Let it dry really, really well.
Drive and then start looking for leaks at the TOP of the motor.
PCV valve, valve cover gasket, the down to the turbo oil lines, oil pan, oil filter.
I thought my car had a small leak but it was just the oil filter - hand tighten with authority!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts