Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The little clip that keeps the wastegate arm connected with the exhaust manifold..I was trying to adjust my wga when I dropped it:crying: . Now I can't find it. Are there any household things that I could use to replace it temporarily? ie( paperclip...etc etc.???? I need some help guys thanks.:crying:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I don't see why something like a doubled up paperclip wouldn't work...all the clip does, is keep the WGA arm from coming up...so I'd imagine if you can get something metal in there to hold it temporarily, you should be fine...

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DJOrtiz said:
safetywire... i used on aircraft engines works fine.. and they have way more vibration

safety wire....just abit more in detail my brotha. Im still a little bit lote on what safety wire is/looks like...etc

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jagok1 said:
Paperclip or wire hanger :dunno: I'd still look for something at a local hardware shop that can withstand the heat.

wire hanger i tried and was too thick..the paperclip fits just as well as the wga clip but the only thing im worried about is that bitch melting on me..i mean..you twist a paper clip enough and it basically tears apart..keep the suggestions coming guys. does anyone know this part number? what kinda of stuff would i be looking for at an auto parts store?

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
47,655 Posts
spoogenhatch said:
DJOrtiz said:
safetywire... i used on aircraft engines works fine.. and they have way more vibration

safety wire....just abit more in detail my brotha. Im still a little bit lote on what safety wire is/looks like...etc
lockwire or safetywire is what is used on nuts, bolts of aircraft to not loosen up due to vibration... it looks like a roll of string but instead of string its wire.. theres different sizes too like .032 or.041.. just tell you how thick the wire is.. and theres' even heat treated wire that can withstand alot of heat...

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
47,655 Posts
spoogenhatch said:
Jagok1 said:
Paperclip or wire hanger :dunno: I'd still look for something at a local hardware shop that can withstand the heat.

wire hanger i tried and was too thick..the paperclip fits just as well as the wga clip but the only thing im worried about is that bitch melting on me..i mean..you twist a paper clip enough and it basically tears apart..keep the suggestions coming guys. does anyone know this part number? what kinda of stuff would i be looking for at an auto parts store?
safetywire is the easiest way out till you find a part number... it holds...

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
damn..thanks for the immediate help guys. I went to the local parts store and found exactly what i needed!!! heat treated clips!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts