Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im posting this for my friend i dont think he uses the forum as much as he should, he has a 50 trim and supporting bolt ons, a few days ago he told me that he had an exhaust leak, he knew where and was gonna take care of it, then today he called me to tell me that he was hearing a ticking noise when he floored it, bent valve came to mind but after talking more about it i think he was trying to say that the car was bracking up bad, so then i thougth it migth be coil/spark wire/spark plug related he took out his spark plugs and the tips were white as f#ck, any theories guys?

·
Registered
293 Posts
A white colored plug is caused by engine overheating. Failure to repair this condition will result in severe engine damage.

Common causes for this are:
Incorrect spark plug (too hot heat range).
Low octane fuel.
Timing is not set properly.
Air/fuel mixture is too lean.​

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
xxxxxx56 said:
A white colored plug is caused by engine overboosting . Failure to repair this condition will result in severe engine damage.

Low octane fuel.
Air/fuel mixture is too lean.​

fixed it for ya :lol:

·
Banned
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well it turned out to be the turbo, wich is good cus its cheaper than rebuilding a motor, and is under warranty anyways, he told me that he had it checked and it was something about the seals, i was at work so we couldn't talk much, he is getting it taken care of at lujan, i hope everything goes well for him, and thanks to the one person that helped with his 2 cents, thanks man.

·
Registered
293 Posts
shawn_40312 said:
xxxxxx56 said:
A white colored plug is caused by engine overboosting . Failure to repair this condition will result in severe engine damage.

Low octane fuel.
Air/fuel mixture is too lean.
fixed it for ya :lol:
Actually, I should have wrote cylinder overheating as you can get this condition on a non-boosted engine as well. :readclose

1 - 6 of 6 Posts