Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
having a bit of problem with gauge cluster wondering if anyone else had anything similar to it

nothing works....like speedo doesnt work, and rpm, and temp doesnt work
it will work from time to time for like a split second and stop working

gas works weird... if im at idle... it'll show how much gas i have, but wen i start going gas will drop a little

any help would b nice... it sort of seems like this problem has something to do with the nice little pot hole on the freeway i couldnt avoid on the freeway bc of traffic...

o and all my light r ON, like the BRAKE, ABS, engine, oil, etc all of it is on for some reason

OOO AND instead of odometer reading it says "NO bUS"
im thinkin it might, juss might b the wires dat plug into the back of the cluster but i am not sure... any input would b greatly appreciated

·
Registered
796 Posts
did you try and fix it the old fassion way? ya know, hitting it?

i highly doubt this is the case because your getting your warning lights but check the fuses... always eliminate the smallest dumbest things first because you will over look them if you think something big has broken.

check and make sure the cluster is plugged in correctly behind it. the bounce from the pot hole could have justled the connection loose. maybe...

but i suppose if you have no mods then i would just take it straight to the dealer and let them sweat over it to save you the hassal.

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
I would suggest checking your fuses. I am at work so cant go out to car and check to see what number fuse it is. On my last car I had similar problems. I looked at the guage cluster fuse and it had blown....its worth a shot.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Push and hold the odometer button in while you turn the key to run position. All the guages should cycle up from min to max in steps. It is a diagnostic check to see what guages are not working.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
... fixed??

yea ive checked all the fuses and all and it still didnt work... took apart dash, made sure it was plugged in correctly, ive hit the top of the dash, checked all ecu harnesses

but yea... i met a fixed up wrx on the road and he wanted to race... so i raced him with my tach not working... shifting and trying to guess where redline is...

around the 3rd run... my tach and speedo started working in 3rd gear.. so i redline it and beat his ass...

now it works fine... except the CEL is still on... does the ecu throw a CEL if i have a full turbo back with no cat?

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
yes, it will give a CEL with no cat, UNLESS you have stage 1 or 2

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Dude, thats a warranty issue. Don't waste time asking questions here take it in! If you mess around with it too much I would be afraid of them telling me I caused this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts