Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to replace the clutch on a 2003 SRT-4. The trans has never been pulled out before. Having a problem with the bellhousing bolt that is on the engine side above the extension housing and distance sensor and screws into the trans casing. It is frozen. I have tried breaker bars with a lot of leverage and an electric impact wrench, and it won't budge. I saw some writeups on pulling the trans referring to this one as the "bitch bolt". Just wondering how others have managed to break this one loose?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I just have a basic Benzomatic which wasn't any help. Have it soaking overnight and someone coming over with a proper torch tomorrow if that doesn't work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The overnight soak and bigger breaker bar on a swivel socket did the trick. Thanks for the suggestions. Got the trans out and ready to put it back in when we ran into a problem with the new release bearing. I purchased the Sachs combo kit from Rockauto that includes the new release bearing. Unfortunately the bearing was just floating around in the package with the clutch, and one of the 2 plastic retaining tabs was broken off of the release bearing during shipping. I'm assuming that the release bearing can't be used without both tabs, or are they just to aid in assembly?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I was going to suggest that^. Glad you got it loose. If pb blaster or Kroil doesn't work, ATF does. Got my seized coilover collar rings loose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts