Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My previous post shows the new 17x7, 5x100,42mm offset rims, I bought from Ebay.

I did a test fit of the rims, and they dont fit. There hitting the calipers!

I know wheelspacers is the trick. Can you give me a link, to the exact spacers that I will need?

I appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3mm will be enough? thanks Psi chick!

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again! Yours do look similar to the ones i got.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
cross post
Freak said:
i used 5mm spacers on my 18's awhile back. the spacers pull the wheel away from the hub, therefor you cant use your hubcentric rings, which means, yep thas right, VIBRATION. at least for me. 1010tires.com has made to order 3-5mm spacers with built in hub rings, rather pricey, but a very good idea. heres an idea of what your looking at.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
PSI Chick said:
interesting since i have hubcentric rings and 3mm spacers, and get no vibration. no need to spend tons of money on those rings, my spacers were free when i got my tires mounted, and i've never had a problem.
it seems to be rims specific, im sure your Volks are perfectly round :thumbsup: . i personally would strongly advise against spacers. Neonracer88 lost a wheel while running spacers and our lug studs are short enough the way it is.

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Yeah but neonracer RACES his car and beats the shit out of it at the track. Massive heat from the brakes coupled with hard turns and twists put a lot of stress all at one time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.