Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help fast!!! I am installing Tein S techs and I am not sure how to position the springs?? How much do I turn them? I found a thread here that said to line up some notch, but there was no picture. Do I just line the top of the spring with the little half cut circle on the top of the spring mount??? Help please I want to get this done!!!! Thanks

steve

·
Registered
248 Posts
I just installed exact springs the other day. Ok, on the front springs, pull the shock out, compress springs off shock, then put the others on (its that simple for the front). From looking at the front shocks and springs, there is no certain way they go on.

Now the rear, when you get them them off (they are a pain in the ass), compress the spring off the shock and then install the Tein. The bottom of the spring will line up with a deep notch (its offset, you cant miss it), and the top of the spring will line itself from the bottom. When positioning the top strut mount, it has the word "OUT" engraved on it with an arrow. Face the word "OUT" towards the outside of the fender, and your done.

I hope this helps, which you are more than likely done by now; I wish I would have took pics while installing then I could have helped you and more fellow SRT members out, but I wanted the damn things on because I had to work.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
^ Damn dude that is one BLACK ass SRT?? What are you trying to go for the ninja look?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot for the help. It was just the front springs I didn't know how much to turn. I just looked where the old springs top lined up on the rubber piece and lined the tein in the same spot. Everything is good now, but I think the rubber cover that goes over the shock part clunks in the back. Any others have that problem and remove it??? Thanks again.

Steve

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!!

thanks for your help. I just had a question on the front spring. I ended up just looking at the old location of the stock spring and then placed the tein there. Does anyone else have a clunk in the back? I think its just the rubber cover over the shock part. Thanks again.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts