Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo,

I'm a new guy, about to purchase a new neon... *im hoping* Imma be trading in my current car, and putting that tradein and 1K down on the new BEAST... Anyways, I'm a bit worried because, I deliver pizzas for me-n-eds and mile wise, its not bad... 60-80 on A GOOD NIGHT... Most nights barely 25-30.. I am just worried about how long it will last... But I might get a beater.. Maybe... Depends... I'll just drive my moms 92 protege.... lol

I was quoted with these payments...
300-400 a month... and on insurance... 125-250.... I should make the car payment in tips easy.. and insurance with a check... Hmm... I want to go test drive the beauty again.. It was soooooo sweet... Glad I could find a place like this... Everyone seems like there cool and can help a fellow guy out if help is needed.... Anyways... Peace..

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Welcome....my suggestion drive something else not because its not gonna last but because if you are gonna be driving that much your car will have way too many miles no matter what you buy before the loan is paid off...just be sure to buy GAP insurance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply... Imma probably drive my moms protege... it has like 150K already, but runs like it just came out of the factory... So.. Yea... Ill drive that then... In any case... Oh.. and whats GAP insurance?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
basically take this for example:

buy a new car it costs $30k ( 7.5% interest and taxes which are not included) and less than six months later the car has ehhh 36k miles.
The car is now worth $18k but you owe about $29k and some jackass hits you, totals your car and now you are really screwed. When you sign the loan you agree that if this were to happen you are responsible for the difference which theoretically is $11K.

The beauty of GAP is that it pays the balance of the loan that the insurance doesnt. It may cost you a bit extra monthly but if you are gonna go on a 5 year loan and i KNOW you live up north GAP is the way to go

·
Registered
175 Posts
buy a beater!! or use your moms car. Im about to start delivering pizzas part time to pay for my future srt-4. Im going to the impound lot auction this tuesday....almost every car sells for under $1000 (usually 400-700). They are definitely beaters though...hahah :lol:

·
Registered
726 Posts
A SRT-4 for pizza delivery?!?! Surely you jest! This car deserves better I say! :lol:

Seriously, if you get a SRT-4, get a beater for the pizza rounds.

And welcome!!!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
HaHa, it would be cool just to do it once or twice. I did that once in my Neon (had bodykit, underbody neons, etc.) and I got a lot of cool comments from the customers! I even got over tipped once (like $20) b/c the guy liked my car so much :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
SpitterGuy
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing