Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasaaaap! Just came across this forum. Very cool. I just bought a SRT4 in silver. Of course, less than a week after buying it, I'm flying down I-95 and a big piece of truck tire comes coreening at me and smacks the front driver side and proceeds to slap it's way down the side leaving 2 nice gashes in the front and door molding. rrrrrrrr. Now I'm waiting on parts. Just my luck. But anyway, the car jams. Now I'll be the first to admit that I am a newb when it comes to car modifications so if I ask any really dumb questions, please be patient, I'm trying to learn. Have any of you attempted lowering your SRT4's? Is that even advisable? Also, are there any engine mods available to increase performance?(remember, I'm a newb. lol) The car is already bad-ass but you can never be too bad-ass, right?
:twisted:

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
silver...

Silver, of course, is the fastest color. :wink:
Welcome to the board, glad to have ya.
There's some mods available already, more on the way. Check the "SRT-4 Modifications" board. As far as lowering, I can't wait to do mine.
Everyone has an opinion. Read them, make up your own mind. You'll be happiest that way. :D

·
Registered
726 Posts
Welcome to our little disfunctional family Hellion! :lol: If you're looking to boost your performance down the road then you can't go wrong with motor mounts for your first mod. Well worth it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, thanks for the responses. I expected to get a ration of crap for being such a newb at this stuff. What exactly will the motor mounts do? Also, I noticed on the boost guage that it appears to go up to 16 or 17 psi but I am only getting 14 at around 56oo rpms. Any way to increase boost? Thanks again.................

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
mm

If you're getting 14, you're doing better than most, stock.
I tend to hit 10 in 1st & 2nd, and 12 in 3rd and 4th.
Solid motor mounts will keep your engine from torquing so much. They'll help reduce wheels hop on launch, and keep your shifts cleaner

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahhhhhh......very cool. Now being that I lack the skills to perform any mods myself, is it a good idea to have the shop at the dealership where I purchased it do the work? They seem very competent and are involved in alot of racing stuff and whatnot. I think the lead sales guy there actually owns a Viper and has all his work done there.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Welcome Dude :D

Just start reading in the Mods section and I promise you'll have most of you questions answered, A dealler is usually a good place to get work done on your car, especially the one you have. Just remember that any work they do they know it is done and may not cover it in the future if something relating to that breaks. :wink:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, I know I want to lower it. Anyone out there have the Eibach lowering spring? http://www.exhaustdepot.net/sreilosp.html
I guess I need to get motor mounts too. I'll start with those and go from there. Anything else I should consider? Again, I apologize for my newbness.

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
hello hello

Don't sweat it. We were all new at one point. Heck, I'm still new to having a turbo. You'll find there's a bunch of very cool, very knowledgeable people on this board. Feel free to ask all the questions you want.

A couple of people have lowered their SRT's with the Eibach's so far, I know I plan on doing mine soon. Where are you located, Hellion? We might have another owner somewhere close who can help with your mods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts