Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new owner of my Frist srt 4,my frist car was a neon sxt so what better way to go. As of now she is stock but missing some things all critics are welcome,its my frist time building and maintaining a turbo car like this

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Welcome to the SRT family. thank you for showing pictures, we like that around here.

Since you just bought it, there is no reason to criticize, you didnt do the work to the car.

One big question... is there an air filter in there somewhere or is that intake pipe plumbed straight to the fog light hole?

I can tell you without a doubt you need to boost leak test this car... you definitely have leaks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It goes directly to fog light hole but I put a mess in there till I change it over the weekend

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
93 Posts
Congrats on the car find and buy and welcome to the world of knowledge on these fun lil cars.

Honestly from the pics main thing is that air intake just like gump said. Fix that and get them hoses all plumbed up right and boost leak test and boost leak test some more.

Congrats and have fun and be safe!

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
looks like you've got a clamp missing or loose on your throttle body connection too.
the clamp appears to be there, it is just in the wrong place and loose.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Gotcha. I don't have a stock setup there, so I have no idea what one would look like.
where the sensor is in the middle is hard plastic. There is a rubbery type material on the ends where it hooks to the TB and the intercooler. The clamps only go on each end. No clamps where it transitions from rubber to plastic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys so I've been finding hell on earth with this car lol I have replace all belts old fuild and clucth and bow I have boost leeks everywhere
I've read all ur comments and I've taken action

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've found alot of questionable things here
If any has away I can clean up I feel theres alot more Ts that i need and also there's this dam "fan hack"

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
93 Posts
This plug in the pic that's hidden here goes to this sensor

in this spot on the cold side pipe. That will take care of a major boost leak. As far as any boost/vacuum lines get rid of the tape and use zip ties.(on all boost/vacuum lines) Then check for more leaks. As far as the fan hack. (Imo) I would just get a 180 t-stat and adjust the fan settings in the computer with a hand held tuner.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,701 Posts
WELCOME!

I'm so glad you switched out that intake setup, my first impression was a rather wide-eyed "YIKES" when I saw that. The stock air filter box is actually very good and there isn't much of a gain from using an aftermarket or mopar CAI setup, aside from being able to hear that delightful turbo whining more loudly. That being said, your setup is clean and looks great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts