Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I'd like to say hello to all. I've been lurking here for about 3 months or so now and this has been my lifeline for news on the SRT-4. I appreciate all of the info. I've been pestering my local dealer to death about this car for several months also and he assures me that they are going to the class on March 18th. I hope so because the wait is killing me. :D I guess I've been living vicariously through ya'll for a while now so once again thanks. My question is this......from all the pictures I see there is not an underhood thermal liner. Is this because it would keep too much heat in the engine compartment? TIA

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome, not sure about the liner, i am still waiting on my srt to come, but when it does i will let you know :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Welcome to the board, WADE! :D IMO, I think your assumption is correct. They (DC) tried really hard to keep the engine cool (funtional hood scoop) so putting on a hood blanket would have negated the effort.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm sure this is just the beginning of a multitude of questions on my part. Please bear with me. This will be my first experience with a turbocharged vehicle. I wanted to put one on my current vehicle (CRX), but I'm glad I waited and didn't put anymore money into it. It has served me well, but I'm ready to "kick it up a notch!" 8)

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Wade that trusty Honda should kick it up a notch as you drive to South FL for that shinny new SRT4...heck by the time you drive back it will be broken in.... :roll: :wink: 8)

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Wade, welcome to our corner of the world. I think everyone here will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

It seems that DCX was concerned about heat in a pretty big way. Look at the extra 2 openings in the nose they added since concept.

They may have also left it out, knowing that most of the owners would have removed it anyhow, espcially when they start opening up the air chambers in the hood.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Once again guys, I very much appreciate the welcome. Just got in from work and am about to be out again for a couple of hours (daughter has softball practice) so I'll check back again later. acr2nv, your right, it would be broken in by the time I got back! 8) Raptor I appreciate the insight. Ohyeahwright, I believe I'll take you up on the offer! :D

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Welcome , Welcome, Glad to see some new people becoming an active future SRT owner. Start reading everything that is posted and you’ll have a great head start. Don’t be afraid to ask any question that you might have, no question is a dumb questtion.

Also there is not a lot of room between the engine and hood that may also be part of the equation. I don’t like hood blankets I remove them anyways.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks daytona. Like I said earlier, I've been lurking for about 2 or 3 months so I've read everything and then some. How do you think I'm keeping my local dealer informed? :p It is pretty bad, though, when the customer is the major source of info. I wonder if Dodge could go back a ways if they would have changed this circus they called a product launch. I'm not griping, just wondering aloud I guess! :D

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Howdy! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
RUgoinUp
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing