Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybodies heat shield that is mounted to the firewall above the turbo come loose or worse, fell off. 2nd day of ownership, I noticed it was halfway on. (DO NOT TOUCH IT WHEN HOT!!!!! It will burn u.) Mine is held on with an adhesive, so when the engine heats up it starts loosing adhesion. Took it to the dealer (their first time to actually see it) and had them check it out.
The service rep brought the certifed SRT mechanic out to look the problems over with us. He stated that it wasn't prepared (cleaned) well, or just crappy adhesive they use and that's why it keeps coming loose. He is going to prep the firewall and use a high heat silcone and see if that works.

I know it doesn't sound like much, but it gets very very hot above the turbo and could cause a problem. Everybody check it out and reply.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
m_dunnie said:
Has anybodies heat shield that is mounted to the firewall above the turbo come loose or worse, fell off. 2nd day of ownership, I noticed it was halfway on. (DO NOT TOUCH IT WHEN HOT!!!!! It will burn u.) Mine is held on with an adhesive, so when the engine heats up it starts loosing adhesion. Took it to the dealer (their first time to actually see it) and had them check it out.
The service rep brought the certifed SRT mechanic out to look the problems over with us. He stated that it wasn't prepared (cleaned) well, or just crappy adhesive they use and that's why it keeps coming loose. He is going to prep the firewall and use a high heat silcone and see if that works.

I know it doesn't sound like much, but it gets very very hot above the turbo and could cause a problem. Everybody check it out and reply.

Thanks
Mine is failling off too....gonna mention it to them while they have it.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopfully it's just mine. I believe it is an easy fix.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Posted to soon.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts