Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems removing the headlights? Tried following the owners manual and still couldn't get either out. What is the trick?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
i removed mine yesterday to install some PIAA headlight bulbs (which are awesome by the way). i had trouble at first too. i removed the three screws holding the front bumper piece on, and i literally had to pull it forward (it is pretty bendable), and then slide the headlight assembly out... while being carefull not to scratch any paint. it really is a pain in the ass to get out, you just gotta play with it. don't be afraid to pull the front facia forward enough to get the headlight out, it won't break or anything unless your really rough with it. hope that helps. good luck. :D

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought. I did take those three bolts out, but was nervous about pulling on it. I'll give it a try again. Thanks for the help and I'll post the results afterwards.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
so? how did it go? did you get them out?

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Havn't done it yet, I'm in Lexington,Ky installing new servers and routers. I'll probally get it done this weekend. I'll post when I'm done.

How many others have removed and reinstalled their headlight unit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts