Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlights won't turn on. when I turn the stalk on my taillights come on, running lights, and side markers. not sure on fog lights. no actual headlights, not even brights. even when I turn brights "on" the blue brights light doesn't even come on the dash. already tried replacing mfs plug with a junk yard one. it looks fine but nothing changed. could it be the actual stalk? any ideas on other things to check and rule out? car used to have aftermarket lights with hids wired and I pulled all that to replace with stockers.

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
The MFS is a known issue on these cars (along with that plug you already replaced.) I would check all fuses and relays, but if those seem fine i would replace the MFS (stalk) and see if that helps.

Did any of the symptoms change after you rewired the plug?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nothing seemed to change after the plug. is there any way to check if the stalk itself is bad?

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
sorry, other than swapping in another one (even one from a base model will do) i dont know of anyway to test it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I swapped in another. no headlights, no brights, no fog lights. started testing with multimeter and we weren't getting power on like 3 wires. b+ or something. any ideas?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
figured that out. fused battery to rke or whatever on my panel said 5 amp. apparently it IS NOT a 5 amp. headlights and brights and all work. fog lights come on with headlights though? id rather it be through pulling the stalk as I'm worried about the plug melting with fog lights on. was this a popular thing to do? how was it done so I can revert back to stock?

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
yes the fog light mod is/was a popular mod and there was a few different ways to do it. I believe there is a how-to on here about it you can likely find to see how we were doing things back "in the day..."

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so I think I've found a hint in that the fogs turn on with low beams. when you turn high beams off, they cut back off. so my question is where are some spots where the previous owner could have maybe spliced them together? or anywhere he could have got them to work together.

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
i'm a little confused on what you mean. The fogs are supposed to turn off with the high beams.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but so do the low beams. it seems to me that the fog lights have been wired with the low beams because they come on together without pulling the stalk.

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
OK just for clarification...

• The fog lights come on at all times with the low beams (regardless of the fog switch being pulled or not)
  • The fog lights turn off with the high beams (like they are supposed to)
  • You have no way of turning the fog lights off
Is this correct?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts