Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a question for the headlight experts out there....

I got some new super white 9007 bulbs and installed them. When I have the lights on they look fine, but when I flip the brights on, the projection of the light is less than with the regular headlights on. :intrestin:

Is it possible that the light bulbs themselves are in upside down? Is it even possible to put the bulbs in upside down? I am just seeing what all people know before I go and rotate the bulbs 180* tonight...

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, I am cutting in the front of the line...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
hmm that's a good question.. I would speculate that the lack of light might be because the focal point is higher than the low beam (which may seem brighter due to the distance on the ground.)

I would test the output by doing the light adjustment on a wall..

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have done it against a wall and the low beams project higher up the wall then the high beams...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I didn't think it was possible to turn the bulbs 180 degrees out since the connectors are keyed.

I'm interesting in seeing if they can be flipped 180.

I was just thinking that it might be the low beam filiment is larger so they look brighter but the high beam was left equal to stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having same sort of problem. Bought after market housings and the 9007 bulbs are 180° from original lenses. High beam is lighting lower then low beams. I'm going to remove pins in housings and rotate bulbs to original orientation of old housings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts