Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I either broke a ring-land/piston/ring in the neon or a headgasket into the oil passage. Its getting A LOT of blow-by presure off the PVC/crank presure vent. #2 cylinder is down on compression by 50% over the other 3. So its either a head gasket or a piston/ring/ring-land, but I'm not sure how to tell which one it is....

Idles a bit funny ( mostly sound ), tiny bit harder to start, but drives pretty normal.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Do you see water coming from the side of the head? If not then its the piston. Most ring lands ive seen go boom have been with big turbos onit. Same with lifted heads. Not to say that its nto possible with lil turbos.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
piston went boom...been there done that.......TWICE!!!!!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx and no thanx guys :buah:
I was really hoping it was just a head gasket.

Don't supposed you can pull an SRT4 piston/rod from the bottom without pulling the motor ?

If I replace the piston, can I just get it weighed, then match the new piston to its weight ?

Thanx again guys...

·
Registered
651 Posts
If you're going to take the motor apart you might as well change all your pistons. I'm 99% sure all your pistons are cracked just not as bad as #2. Besides your block needs to be inspected (cylinder walls) and honed.

Good luck

Joel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts