Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the light works just ain’t on when driving. I plan on checking the Evap canister and hoses. And if I find the leak code should go away with out clearing code.? I need to smog asap

·
Registered
344 Posts
So the light works just ain’t on when driving. I plan on checking the Evap canister and hoses. And if I find the leak code should go away with out clearing code.? I need to smog asap
That code is a b**ch!

Even if you fix the leak youll probably need to reset to clear it. Yes it would eventually go away or could be right away - not likely though. The hoses under the car could be cracked or rotted. If you have zip tied all of your boost lines recently then it could have caused another one to break down the line somewhere.

Im curious about your situation though. I assume a shop failed you bc the code is being thrown but no CE light? I was able to reset the battery, drive 40-50 miles, pass emissions, as I drove away it popped back on. The car generally sits w the battery disconnected but I drove it a few weeks ago (at least 200-300 miles) and it did not come back on.

Search for diagrams to trace everything. There is a evap piece under the hood that needs checked as well. Also consider the 'filler neck' having a issue, search for that and youll find more answers on that one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure am appreciate your response. Haven’t took to a shop for this issue but I’m dealing with the state bar. Have to take to referee they had me change pcm cause I think it was from a 05 and mines is 04 i have 5 pcm so was lucky and used a 04 guess it about a part number smh

·
Registered
344 Posts
Haven’t took to a shop for this issue but I’m dealing with the state bar. Have to take to referee they had me change pcm cause I think it was from a 05 and mines is 04 i have 5 pcm so was lucky and used a 04 guess it about a part number smh
I am not exactly sure what this means^^ lol. By state bar I assume you mean emissions testing? I have no idea why they would mention the PCM year unless it had to do w battery temp sensor being on or 2003 PCM. PCM's can be changed unless they are B.S. you around or some odd state law...Cali?

Either way, what I was asking is - did you fail the test w no check engine light?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Check for bad hoses / leaks, check Canister or evap solenoid, fuel filler neck.

Forgot to mention earlier - I assumed you had already changed the gas cap. Thats always step 1 but most times it doesnt fix the issue. I replaced mine w new Mopar and still came back on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes Cali I screwed myself by calling bar. Asking why I had to smog my car for the 3 yr in a row. The first year I was back in fees like700$. So I paid a buddy and he got some fees lowered. And gave me tags. The second yr airbag light was on cause of viper seats and could of smog at shop wasn’t sure so took back to buddy again. Got tags. Third I’m like it’s stock and called dmv they said call bar which was like it wasn’t showing in there system so they flagged me. It sucks cause after I called bar a week later took to smog shop and they said it was all good until they seen I was flagged. So I swapped pcm even got a blank skim. Now this code is showing and I can’t take to referee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts