Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to start off mods are.. 3 inch turbo back exhaust, big front mount intercooler, aem cold air intake, and the dsp. now i installed the 93 canned tune from my newly purchased dsp spiking 22psi and dropping to roughly to 15-16 psi at redline. ... i tuned it myself to the point of no knock and 30 degrees of timing at the end of 3rd gear... these are 3rd gear pulls starting at 2500 rpm to redline. my air fuel ratios were in the high 12's sometimes touching 13... i added fuel (i am up to 5.5% added from 2k and up) and it seems i am still running lean? 12.4-12.6 area... is this common to have to add this much fuel after flashing the 93 tune? i have heard possibly the fuel filter (fuel pump sock) could be clogged? which is kind of hard to believe...in my 7 years of being an auto mechanic it is a very uncommon issue as my car only has 40,000 miles on it. anyone have any ideas as to what i can try?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats pretty much what i figured... but i didn't know if adding 6%+ fuel across the rpm band was normal... this is a 2004 srt4 btw.. also when hitting below 12.0 afr should the afr stay steady across the rpm band? or is it going to jump around a little?

·
Fresh Meat Moderator
16,395 Posts
Its going to jump around a little cause you cant get it perfect. You can get it extremely close to being the same through out the power band.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month
9,177 Posts
u really need the 3 bar sensor, being that you 4 psi over the max the stock sensors can ready...

best 450 i spent in my life duster 1025 cc injector 3 bar sensors and a pump gas and race gas(e85 in my case) tune

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
u really need the 3 bar sensor, being that you 4 psi over the max the stock sensors can ready...

best 450 i spent in my life duster 1025 cc injector 3 bar sensors and a pump gas and race gas(e85 in my case) tune
definitely going to consider this in the near future

·
9,177 Posts
450 for injectors, sensors, -and- pump/e85 tune?
duster sell the injectors for 389 with 2 tunes( rescales)

25 for map dealership caliber map
25 for tip dealership caliber map

and 30ish for adapter to map

about 450

·
9,177 Posts
They are not full blown tunes but injector rescales.

The tune is extra.
that is correct i should of worded it better.. sorry about that....

but these rescales are awesome... i think my pump gas i had to add alil fuel to 4-6k

and the e85 add some timing and they are really good...

·
Registered
243 Posts
I take it that you can get the 1025s w/ the rescale and run e85 safely on the stock fuel lines as long as its just track days, run it low then fill up w/ 93 and flash the 93 tune again? I know its fairly rough on standard lines. I'd like to run e85, which is available at pumps around the track I go to. Closest one to where I live is like 70 miles away.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Im running E85 on all stock lines with just a 255 and dusters injectors and I have no issues.
That is flippin sweet. And damn, I just sold my unused 255 to a buddy haha.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Question:

in the DSP hand-held, I see three options for performance tune:

93 octane tune
modify stock map
original backup

how are you modifying the stock 93 tune using the just the hand-hend programmer? I thought when you select the one about modifying the stock map, you are not modifying the 93 octane tune?

Without the full software package (which requires a license) I can't see the differences between the 93 octane tune and the stock tune. What is different about it? Is the 93 octane tune a better starting point than the stock tune even though the 93 octane tune has a reputation for running lean out of the box?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts