Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1768 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was surfin the board here and after a few and me of the guys on evom had a thread on evom that said " why all the srt4 hating "... i guess its only fair to get the other side of the spectrum... why all the evo hating??

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
i don't hate i actually envy.. but my pocketbook recomended srt-4. and i can hang with evo, and its american. why not take srt?? but no hate on my end

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
oooo RS.... i still like my SRT but that RS is very nice.. I would do it if i could.. don't tell my srt i said that i still love her......

·
Registered
218 Posts
honestly , its the whole fwd vs. awd thing , 2 cars ment for 2 different things . it just so happens they look similar with the same amount of power , and the greatest comparison ever , the dig vs. roll races. personally , i think both cars are awesome and both shine in different aspects. but you will always have "HATERS" no matter what you drive as long as there is another car you can compare it to.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Sometimes people hate what they can't have or don't understand...

I personally like both cars.. However, I root for the underdog and that is why I got a "Turbo'd Neon" for $19,600... I loved my 95, but always dreamed of it having crucial power to make even the big blocks a little hesitant to race... I couldn't see dropping thousands of $$ to do that... Besides I'm an American and will buy American (for now).. My dad used to drag is 69 Cobra.. and my Uncle used to run VA Beach Dodge back in the day which evidently made me a Dodge guy... Also since American cars still get shit on consantly; I wanted something to reduce or wipe out the egos and shit talking of all the 80 billion civics, accords, 240s and any other import w/ so called "performace mods" around here... Besides FWD is more of a challenge to me than an AWD car... I like the challenge of trying to hook up at launch and hang in the twisterinos w/ an AWD car....

Yes, Money is a factor, but if I really wanted the EVO.. I would've gotten one..

But the SRT-4 was something special to me..Before the forums started and before everyone and there mother's lovers uncle got one, it was like a personal and private attraction and lust for me..It was if Chrysler Claus had been listening to me all of 2000-2001 and made my dream car. It was if they made this car specifically for me.. I heard about limted production #s of 5000 cars for 2003 and was so worried I wouldn't be able to get my hands on a yellow one.. but I did!!... It is all, and more, of what I wanted my 95 Neon to be but know I could never be...

Sooo In conclusion.. Props to you EVO guys.. Nice looking, fast, and refined piece of machinary you got yourselves there (tipping my hat) hope to see you on the steets and at the track and maybe, just maybe you'll see me creeping up on you from behind on a curvey country or mountain road on a sunny afternoon..

Keep it safe... Because you know what happens whe "Keeping it Real Goes Wrong"

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
evo means nothing in my book.

not fast enough to be a drag car
doesnt handle well enough to be an autox/road course car

thats why i dont like them. (i do think they look pretty cool though... but they need bigger rims)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
evo means nothing in my book.

not fast enough to be a drag car
doesnt handle well enough to be an autox/road course car

thats why i dont like them. (i do think they look pretty cool though... but they need bigger rims)

waited for smeone to be a complete prick... ^ hater... everyone else has been ver resepectful i knew this would be an interesting post

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Steveevo8 said:
waited for smeone to be a complete prick... ^ hater... everyone else has been ver resepectful i knew this would be an interesting post
suck a duck cocksucker.
i gave my opinion.
quit being insecure. :kiss:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
The thing I like about the Evo is that they actually build a lightweight version for the poeple that wanted it, Dodge did not, I had to make my own. With that said, even the lightweight Evo is alot heavier than the Srt-4.

However, Even tho my srt-4 is almost 500lbs lighter, the Evo still "feels" lighter when you drive it. In a straight line tho (traction permitted :)) the weight of the Evo becomes more apparent.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
suck a duck cocksucker.
i gave my opinion.
quit being insecure.
in secure?? son, i by no means am insecure. and make these horrilbe comments like yourself?? may i ask do you even drive an srt4? or a car for that matter?? i see no ride under your name? really grow up. theres no need for name calling when i'm callin you out on a post that obviously is almost directed to children like you... please grow up

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Steveevo8 said:
in secure?? son, i by no means am insecure. and make these horrilbe comments like yourself?? may i ask do you even drive an srt4? or a car for that matter?? i see no ride under your name? really grow up. theres no need for name calling when i'm callin you out on a post that obviously is almost directed to children like you... please grow up
you need to grow up. infant.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
omniphil... i totally agree with you the weight with the evo is horrible, but unlike what myfault believes does not prohibit making it a GOOD car in straight lines, i believe AWD has EVERYTHING to do with the drive of the car.. if it was fwd. like the 3000gt you would of seen similiar performance... oh and yeah it depresses me that your 500 pounds lighter then my car :'(

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
myfault can you elaborate on why the evo is not a good drag car?? is 0-60 under 5 seconds not good enough or what?? 1/4 mile stock in mid 13? what am i missing here???

1 - 20 of 1768 Posts