Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a driver's side harness in my ACR for autocross. So far it looks like the Scroth Rally 3 or 4 looks like the best choice. Any suggestions or recommendations? When I mount the harness do I have to take out the stock belts or do they stay?

Thanks.

·
Registered
339 Posts
We installed a Simpson 5-point harness in my buddy's ACR. It just barely fit through the holes in the seat, but it did fit.

Stock bolting locations can be used, so you can leave your stock belt in place.

-J

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
SoloSRT4 said:
We installed a Simpson 5-point harness in my buddy's ACR. It just barely fit through the holes in the seat, but it did fit.

-J
Where did you bolt the shoulder belts and where did you mount the submarrine (just to the floor)?

·
Registered
339 Posts
The shoulder straps were a "Y", so only one bolt point was needed. So, we used the rear-passenger seat bolt. It's about 1" off-center. It does get to be a PITA if you have passengers, so don't rely on that area for passenger room.

-J

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
1,341 Posts
SoloSRT4 said:

-J

Did you use a bolt-in kit or a snap-in kit. I got the sparco competition harness (5 point). I have a snap-in kit but the eyebolts that came with it are too small for the stock locations. If a bolt-in kit works, I wouldn't mind doing bolt-in. Also, if you did a bolt-in, did the stock bolts fit through the holes in the bolt-in kit?

Sorry to hijack but maybe this info will also help the original poster of this thread.

Thanks.

·
Registered
339 Posts
No eyebolts. Mount the metal part of the strap like it was a washer in-between the chassis of the car and the buckle assembly. If I think of it I'll snap a pic of my SRT-4.

-J

·
Registered
339 Posts
Uncle Spok said:
Yeah could you snap some pics and pass along model number of the harness?
I don't have a p/n for you. I'll take a look online though. I'll try to take some pics of my car this weekend. The ACR is in storage.

-J

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Rocket Man said:
I want to install a driver's side harness in my ACR for autocross. So far it looks like the Scroth Rally 3 or 4 looks like the best choice. Any suggestions or recommendations? When I mount the harness do I have to take out the stock belts or do they stay?

Thanks.
I put in the scroth rallye 4 harness, stock belts stayed in. Took about 45 min to an hour to put in. Get yourself a good set of Torx head bits. BTW get the shoulder pads as well, you'll be glad you did.

fritz

·
Registered
444 Posts
Shoulder strap mounting location?

What's everyone using for the shoulder strap mounting location in back for Auto-X use? Is using the seat belt mounting holes in the back seat OK, or is that angle too sharp. Would it cause compression of the spine if you hit something? I thought that the shoulder straps should be mounted on the rear deck area behind the seat.

Input?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Harness install

Yes you should have no more than a 10 degree angle on the shoulder belts to avoid compression.. Read the instructions close. Some groups are DQ belts fastened to the floor or rear seat belt anchors. Beware!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
SoloSRT4 said:
You will want to stay away from the ones that require a bar behind the seat.-J
Why is that?

·
Registered
339 Posts
htheduck said:
SoloSRT4 said:
You will want to stay away from the ones that require a bar behind the seat.-J
Why is that?
You'll need to install a bar otherwise. :p I was only suggesting it for those who wanted a quick bolt-in option.

I suppose I could take some pics this afternoon, since this 'hurricane' is still stuck over Milwaukee....

-J

1 - 16 of 16 Posts