Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any other places that sell the hardpipes other than Hector at E.D.? And with the HKS flange. Having a hard time finding them through any of our vendors.
-thanks-:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
That is one of the next things we planned on making,it can be made with any flange you would like. Call us on Tuesday, we can make you a set in a couple of days. What flange are you wanting to use?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Im confused on hardpipes, you replace them on one side of the intercooler right? If you buy a kit from say, Exhaust Depot, it only comes with one pipe or two? One for each side? Also all you do is take off the stock intercooler piping and plug these on? or is there more to it?

·
Banned
460 Posts
From Exhaust Depot its 2 pipes...with whatever flange or no flange...and yes, you just replace the old i/c pipes that are made of radiator hose material with the hardpipes...other companies only sell the 1 pipe w/the BOV flange...but AGP (I guess) and Exhaust Depot have 2-piece pipe kits

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Damn its only like $170 for both from ED,

Are they worth it? I would get it without the flanges, I like my Mopar soundmaker. Also what all is involved in replacing the hardpipes?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
En-Glaived said:
Damn its only like $170 for both from ED,

Are they worth it? I would get it without the flanges, I like my Mopar soundmaker. Also what all is involved in replacing the hardpipes?
Unbolt 8 hoseclamps, unplug two sensors. remove pipes. replace.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I wouldn't suggest keeping the Mopar BOV if you going the hardpipe route. You might as well do everything correctly and get a real BOV while you're at it. You'll be especially happy if you get an aftermarket WGA and use the blue line, since such a set up is ill-advised stock BOV routing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Peep out the JMB hardpipes, that's what I have. PM Mopar211. He'll give you the website.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Well, my mod list plan is as follow.

Mopar Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Mopar STS, MPx Turboback.

The maybe list is.
Bigger FMIC, Hardpipes, and 17x8 Rota Torques if they release them in our offset.

As far as the installation, do I have to remove the bumper or anything? Depending on how hard to install these are, I might order them tonight (just got scholarship money)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Import Palace makes a nice set. I got the first production pair

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
En-Glaived said:
Well, my mod list plan is as follow.

Mopar Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Mopar STS, MPx Turboback.

The maybe list is.
Bigger FMIC, Hardpipes, and 17x8 Rota Torques if they release them in our offset.

As far as the installation, do I have to remove the bumper or anything? Depending on how hard to install these are, I might order them tonight (just got scholarship money)
Install is cake. The hardest part is going to be getting that hot side charge pipe on. But the install shouldnt take more then a hour. Also no you dont have to remove your front bumper, just jack up the front end and go to work.

·
Banned
460 Posts
you dont need to jack the front end up either...i did my BOV install, and hardpipe install in about 1 1/2 hoursi n my drive way with a couple flathead screwdrivers, 10mm ratcheting wrench, Silicon, and RTV Sealant...but yea I do advise jacking up the front if your not a skinny SOB like me...its easier that way...also, if you DO Get an aftermarket BOV let anyone of us know so we can tell you how to install the BOV to the right line, and bypass some of the factory solenoids...

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Boostd20psi said:
you dont need to jack the front end up either...i did my BOV install, and hardpipe install in about 1 1/2 hoursi n my drive way with a couple flathead screwdrivers, 10mm ratcheting wrench, Silicon, and RTV Sealant...but yea I do advise jacking up the front if your not a skinny SOB like me...its easier that way...also, if you DO Get an aftermarket BOV let anyone of us know so we can tell you how to install the BOV to the right line, and bypass some of the factory solenoids...

WOW, super skinny arms i guess would work that way, but how the hell did you do the hot side without jacking up the front end? Thats impossible.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
ticalthepimp said:
Peep out the JMB hardpipes, that's what I have. PM Mopar211. He'll give you the website.
www.jmbpreformance.com his are more customized like powercoat and ish like that and I think he has what ever flange you want I got a tial

1 - 18 of 18 Posts