Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize for the simplicity of these questions. I'm sure this stuff is pretty common knowledge, but I had a hard time finding the answers to these by searching.

TurboXS's instructions for installing their Type-H RFL BOV say to put the BOV in the charge pipe that connects the turbo charger to the intercooler. This would be the hot side, correct?

It seems most of the hard pipe kits I've seen put the flange for a BOV on the cold side. Is it best to mount the BOV on the cold side? Also, would a hot side hard pipe replace the pipe our BOV is currently in (TurboXS calls it the lower charge pipe).

Essentially, my question is: would buying a hard pipe kit allow me to relocate the BOV to the cold side?

Also, are some vacuum sources better suited for opening a BOV than others? I've found that most of you are T-ing off the vacuum line running to the throttle body, but would using a different line affect the performance of the BOV?

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Yes the tb boost/vac source is the best place.

You can get it welded into the hot side but I would say just get a coldside IC pipe and put it there. You can find them used on here all the time. If you want new I recommend jmbperformance.com they have great looking and fitting pipes. T

·
Registered
351 Posts
I just got it and am in love with it. Go to JMBPerformance.Com and order thier pressure pipe with BOV package. You can choose 4-5 types of BOV's as well as powder coating colers. Possibilities are endless. Box shows up with all of the clamps etc to install without any problems. Even has the block off plate. Took me about 1:30 to do mine. Boost is steady and sound is great with the TurboXS RFl but I wish I would of picked a Tiel. It will run you about 400.00 for the whole setup but totally worth it. You can also order individual parts of it to save money if you wanted.

·
Registered
539 Posts
www.jmbperformance.com ?? I've never heard of that. Is it new ?

haha. Justin makes some very nice products.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Dont know how long they have been around but wait till you get something from them. Craftmanship and fitment is the best I have ever seen.

·
Registered
539 Posts
David40836 said:
Dont know how long they have been around but wait till you get something from them. Craftmanship and fitment is the best I have ever seen.
If you were talking to me, i was being sarcastic :)

I have jmb upp, lpp, valve cover, intake mani, t-stat housings, and cc. And jmb STICKERS!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I tried to tee in to the UPP red line but the BOV didnt respond. I yanked the pink hose and ran a standard vacuum line to the bov and then to where the pink hose used to be on the soleniod bracket. Works great but seem a little quiet to me. any take on this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts