Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 str4 It will turn over for a minute then crank and idle fine .. When in gear it will start moving fine but when I get on gas it act like it wants to die sputtering never kills out . I can get up mph switching gears all at low rpm as long as I don't get into gas to hard and but everytime i try to get into the gas a little about 4000 rpm it starts with the sputtering also if I'm in neutral and try to rev it up it's does it and won't let's me get a clean rev please can someone give me info

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
id guess fuel pressure..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with the 16.99 one from AutoZone I bought the cheapest just to check if it fixed it but I ordered a high performance one online now that I know that was the issue

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
The cam position sensors are a known issue on these cars. Also the magnet behind that sensor is a known issue also. They should both be replaced at the same time. The general consensus is that this is one sensor which OEM should be used every time. From what I've seen from the experiences of other, don't be surprised if that cheap aftermarket sensor goes out rather quickly on you.

magnet:

Sensor:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts