Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, lately, my shifter was getting harder and harder to shift on some lower gears and in reverse. Two hands needed in reverse.

We think it's fixed now, since my mechanic put it on a lift, to check out the slave action. Bone dry, where he expecteced to see leaking fluids. The tranny held the fluid that was put in there 60K ago, when I had my clutch replaced. I bought the car knowing the clutch was bad. The oil that came out of it today, looked to be in new condition. No grit or anything.

I had my mech. change the fluid anyway.

The hard shifting problem was addressed when he found the pieces shown in the photograph, and proceeded to make one from a brass tube he happened to have, that fit right in the "eye" of the pedal linkage piece. He shaved it down and we said good bye to the stupid plastic piece that had broken. The piece im talking about is the hat shaped bushing.

99% sure this was the problem I was having with shifting. Not sure if i got the engine hot enough yet, to really test out the new repair.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looks like clutch pivot arm. I Hooked mine up with couple washers and a c-clip, also put that plastic just cut the tips.

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
I have broken a shitload of those. (Okay like 4)

I use one I made now from a copper pipe. Just happen to fit perfect.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
There's a clip off a Ford truck that's very similar to stock, a perfect fit but quite a bit more durable.
Ford part number 6C3Z-7A581-A

One of my customers HAK posted this

HAK said:
Stronger clutch pedal pivot clip/bushing
Hey guys, FYI dont waste your bucks on the upgraded bushing and shit.. theyre sloppy and unnecessary.

After I had my SBC clutch put in my pedal was so heavy that I kept breaking the plastic clip in the pivot, I got the rage tek billet one.. then found this..

I was doing a clutch on an F350 and noticed the bushing was fucked up on his too, and I took it out to find its the same dimensions but its got a full cage around it.. this F350 has 250k on it and a clutch pedal probably stiffer than mine.

Anyway, heres the pics. The one with them both on the bag has the part number from Ford. It comes as a kit with the rod and its literally like 5 dollars.

·
Registered
33 Posts
so what exactly does that little bushing do? Because im starting to notice i have to really push my shifter into gear especially first second and reverse. And what do you mean by using a piece of copper pipping in place of that bushing? Any way you can post up some pics of what you did?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also just replaced mine with Rage-Tek.

Shifting feels like butter compared to what it used to be, I can actually get into Reverse without letting it roll now or having the car be off.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts