Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm recently having issues with shifting in every gear. This did start towards the end of summer when the temperature started dropping but the symptoms don't improve much even after driving for an hour.

The shifter blocks me out from shifting into any gate when stopped/engine off but once I find a gear that will go in smoothly, it'll allow me to shift into any gear.. The car has 30k original miles, new clutchmasters fx300 clutch. Wikyd fork, oem throw out bearing, new oem slave, SS line, and dcr clutch pedal pivot. Clutch seems to be fully disengaging (performed drag test) so I can't figure out what is blocking the shift selector from engaging the gates properly, especially with the engine off. Could the selector be cracked?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm recently having issues with shifting in every gear. This did start towards the end of summer when the temperature started dropping but the symptoms don't improve much even after driving for an hour.

The shifter blocks me out from shifting into any gate when stopped/engine off but once I find a gear that will go in smoothly, it'll allow me to shift into any gear.. The car has 30k original miles, new clutchmasters fx300 clutch. Wikyd fork, oem throw out bearing, new oem slave, SS line, and dcr clutch pedal pivot. Clutch seems to be fully disengaging (performed drag test) so I can't figure out what is blocking the shift selector from engaging the gates properly, especially with the engine off. Could the selector be cracked?
It could be bent..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking the clutch might have prematurely failed, again. The first one I purchased died less than 600 miles in and clutchmasters replaced it.. here is a picture of inside the "window" of the bellhousing. The fingers on the pressure plate look torched.

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm thinking the clutch might have prematurely failed, again. The first one I purchased died less than 600 miles in and clutchmasters replaced it.. here is a picture of inside the "window" of the bellhousing. The fingers on the pressure plate look torched.
Well 1 clutch failure is a fluke, 2 is likely a problem somewhere else in the system... but where?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ruled out the hydraulics and shifter cables mainly.. the only thing that comes to mind is I did have 3 of the bellhousing bolts come loose because my dumbass didn't use red loctite after torquing them to spec. Possibly the transmission is out of alignment slightly?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I ruled out the hydraulics and shifter cables mainly.. the only thing that comes to mind is I did have 3 of the bellhousing bolts come loose because my dumbass didn't use red loctite after torquing them to spec. Possibly the transmission is out of alignment slightly?
Thats possible.. years ago people were using the wrong bolts on the flywheel that caused issues.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clutch pressure plate is faulty.. I'll be sending it in after I drop the tranny. I adjusted the clutch pedal out a little which fixed the problem of the clutch disengaging, but once the car is driven 30+ minutes the clutch would go back to not disengaging and the pedal grabs right off the floor. Tested hydraulics and all are working as intended.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts