Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had my atp upp installed for over a year now. i was just thinking about this and wanted to ask. Is it bad if my atp upp is touching the intercooler or the throttle body inside the silicone connectors? i was just wondering if maybe thats bad, cause they could rub into one another, and scrape and wear away at the metal on eather the upp or the throttle body/intercooler, maybe leting small particles of metal into the engine.
So if you have any idea let me know cause im curious. and i really have no clu if thats even possible

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
how many of you guys have the upp pipe touching eather the throttle body or the intercooler inside the couplings cause the fit was really tight? have you taken it off since? how did it look?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
i dont have a uup yet but just from car experince i would have to say thats bad. Any kind of foriegn object's, metal shavings, leaves, cheese, whatever it BAD. Might want to take it off and cut a little off each side.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
clamsjager said:
i dont have a uup yet but just from car experince i would have to say thats bad. Any kind of foriegn object's, metal shavings, leaves, cheese, whatever it BAD. Might want to take it off and cut a little off each side.
just so u know, im not saying there are metal shavings in there, im just asking if this can cause it

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
ive got the ED pipes and the hot side is ultra tight fitting, yes it touches on mine too, but i dont see any wear on either part, so i guess they arent moving that much...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts