Dodge SRT Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

· Registered
5,206 Posts
I was waiting patiently for Motorweek to finally release that. The low-quality one I had in my collection was pretty poor.

Sat in a folder along with the classics:
SCC Car of the Year 2003
SRTeaworks Part 1
nesrtoc meet
canadian_srt4
160MPH Original
SRTGURL Ride with me 2
Gonzo's vids...

man. 20 years. I'm still shaking my head.

By the way, for those that don't know, that pic I posted above was the first "in the wild" shot of an SRT-4 posted on the forums (that I'm aware of).

· Registered
15,068 Posts
The nostril does go all the way to the back of the engine bay. So a filter on the turbo would, sort of, validate his statement.

· Registered
5,206 Posts
The hood scoop can be turned into a forced air intake?
Yep, check the underside of the hood. There's a bulge in the intake ducting that sits directly over the stock airbox location.

· Super Moderator
17,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
"Functional" with respect to the hood scoop depends on your viewpoint for what functional should mean.

At speeds above 35mph, the air passing over the turbo does a considerable amount of cooling, the higher the speed the more air there is, I'd say that means it is functional.

Purists will continue to argue that "functional" with respect to a hood scoop means that the hood scoop is either a "ram jet" style or tied some way directly to the intake.

· Registered
91 Posts
If it's open to under the hood and moves air, it's functional.

I've had the same comment about my Dakota hood scoops not being functional because the intake doesn't draw from only the hood scoop air and isn't isolated from the engine bay air.....🤦‍♂️

· Registered
Original Owner '05 SRT-4 S2 Toys
322 Posts
Oh, I didn't mean a "Shaker" hood. The "ECCAG" hood like the Road Runners had would just be a scoop like what came on our cars but, like the "ECCAG" ones, it would raise and lower (and have the wild teeth and eyes decals on the sides).

· Registered
91 Posts
Oh, I didn't mean a "Shaker" hood. The "ECCAG" hood like the Road Runners had would just be a scoop like what came on our cars but, like the "ECCAG" ones, it would raise and lower (and have the wild teeth and eyes decals on the sides).
Always thought these looked super cool

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper

· Registered
15,068 Posts
Ooooo. And I could attach it to the same switch as my cutout. Total attack mode.

Though my car would look unbalanced, with the airscoop opening on the driver's front fender.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts