Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Super Moderator
17,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While there is speculation about who bought the first Neon SRT4 available to the public and on what date, it is generally accepted that it was around or just before Christmas of 2002.

It is hard to believe it's been 2 decades since then, and what a 20 years it has been.

Here's to all of you, past, present, and future, and the hope that 20 years from now some of us will still be around to raise our glasses in respect of one of the best "bang for the buck" cars to ever terrorize the roadways.

Hand Tableware Drinkware Stemware Wine

(ps don't drink and drive)

· Registered
3,158 Posts
I bought mine new in September 2003. It had 2 miles on it when I test drove it, and it's about 242K now. I finally almost have it repaired after the falling tree incident in March (see old thread from then). This picture was a couple of weeks ago. It has a new windshield now. I still need to do some tinkering with the front fascia to get it in the right position. I'm really glad I decided to go with the stripes during the repaint. CE style, but subtle and classy. :)

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

· Registered
657 Posts
I bought mine new in September 2003. It had 2 miles on it when I test drove it, and it's about 242K now. I finally almost have it repaired after the falling tree incident in March (see old thread from then). This picture was a couple of weeks ago. It has a new windshield now. I still need to do some tinkering with the front fascia to get it in the right position. I'm really glad I decided to go with the stripes during the repaint. CE style, but subtle and classy. :)

View attachment 150176
Amazing you were able to bring it back. I thought for sure it was totaled.

· Registered
4,354 Posts
Hi all and Happy holidays

I got mine on June or July 2003 and still have the damm thing, never had a car that long. I daily it till 98k when I built motor and made it a dedicated drag car. I missed driving it so much I got me a 05 ACR shell and built that for the daily. still have it too :), They are both now in Iowa. Damm I've been on this forum for a minute :)

Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

· Registered
5,208 Posts
... that's sexy as hell. I wanna stripe mine now lol.

· Registered
5,208 Posts

· Premium Member
5,401 Posts
My silver SRT-4 was born on 3-11-03 @ 9:10 AM. I bought it in April 03 after a coworker bought one and took me for a test ride. I was on the phone with a dealer before I got out of his car.

Still have it, still love it.

The nice thing about 20 years in NC, I no longer have to have it inspected anymore. :cool:

· Premium Member
5,401 Posts

View attachment 150176
You have done a great job bringing her back to life.
Please tell me her name is not Christine.......

· Registered
3,158 Posts
You have done a great job bringing her back to life.
Please tell me her name is not Christine.......
Hey fellow old-timer! 😄 Glad to see you still have yours as well. If I named it anything it would probably need to be Phoenix!

· Super Moderator
17,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My silver SRT-4 was born on 3-11-03 @ 9:10 AM. I bought it in April 03 after a coworker bought one and took me for a test ride. I was on the phone with a dealer before I got out of his car.

Still have it, still love it.

The nice thing about 20 years in NC, I no longer have to have it inspected anymore. :cool:
But... does your coworker still have theirs? :D

· Super Moderator
17,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In Nebraska, after 30 years you can use the license plate from the year your vehicle was made, it's considered a "vintage historical vehicle".

"Included with the designation Historical is the Vintage year plate. Vintage year plates are historical plates that were issued by the State of Nebraska in the year corresponding to the model year of the historical vehicle."

Interestingly enough, that's the plate in my signature, so I do have my personalized plate as a vintage plate.

The other nice thing when you hit 30 years... you only need to have the front plate on the car.

It is 70 bucks a year, they better not charge me the extra 40 just for a specialized plate, considering I already own it lol.

· Registered
92 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts

View attachment 150176
Those stripes are 🔥 been thinking of doing white CE stripes on my eblue for a while now....

1 - 20 of 55 Posts