Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i last night at a meet they wanted to see a few races, i was hesitant to go against a big 5.0 but i won't know where i stand unless i try to find out. obviously we did not feel being dead stop on a high way was a good idea. so a 30 roll is what we did. Long story short a v8 owner found his place under a 4 cyl by a car and a half. Anyways in 2nd gear threw the entire gear once i hit max boost the wheel spin was unbearable all the way to 5800 rpm. But once third gear hit the hook was pretty nice and it was gone. I'm on low prof tires from previous owner and plan to use them until they aren't passing insp. When i do get new tires im looking to spend no more than 175 a tire but still want a decent hook... Rolling on the stock wheels.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was in a 1987 foxbody, nothing really much but a cam, exhaust, and a full rebuild with new oem pistons. He claimed 367 RWHP, i even believe a little bit of it. I guess those fat tires he had don't make that big of a difference on a roll.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Thanks for the info Mags Airsoft. With 367 WHP he should have been able to reel you in and beat you. Then again, back in the day when the SRT4 first came out, it was very common to read about a 230-234 HP neon beating a Mustang Cobra from a roll. :lol: Enjoy your ride and be safe.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It was in a 1987 foxbody, nothing really much but a cam, exhaust, and a full rebuild with new oem pistons. He claimed 367 RWHP, i even believe a little bit of it. I guess those fat tires he had don't make that big of a difference on a roll.
Great job on the win but there's no way he was making that much power on an older rebuilt 5.0 with little work done. People barely make 300 rwhp with GT40 heads and intakes. I'd say he was at 267 rwhp at most. It's tough to make over 300 rwhp unless you bore and stroke the older 5.0. I know because my brother has a complete GT40P engine he is looking to convert into a 331 Stroker.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great job on the win but there's no way he was making that much power on an older rebuilt 5.0 with little work done. People barely make 300 rwhp with GT40 heads and intakes. I'd say he was at 267 rwhp at most. It's tough to make over 300 rwhp unless you bore and stroke the older 5.0. I know because my brother has a complete GT40P engine he is looking to convert into a 331 Stroker.
correct, also had edelbrock heads and intake manifold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts