Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2quickforu is a con artist!!!

Well, I just emailed this to James Hilger..aka..2quickforu:

"Well, I don't know what you are trying to pull, but you pulled it on the wrong guy. If I don't see my money order back here by Friday, I will be filing mail fraud charges against you...and that's just the beginning. You are only 5 hours drive from me. I have no problem making that drive and bringing the police with me. I have the money order stub, which can be traced. You better think real hard about how you want to resolve this. Forget the Stage 1...if you really even have one. You better have my money back to me by Friday or I WILL take legal action."

For those of you who didn't read my post in the buy/sell section, I will fill you in. I sent this guy a money order on Monday 8/23. I sent it priority 2-3 day mail. I PM'd him on Wednesday to see if he had received the money and he PM'd me back saying that he was out of town until Thursday 8/26. I have since PM'd him 5 times with no response. It has been a week now and I have still heard nothing from him. He will not return any messages via PM's on this board, so I dug around and got his email address. I just emailed him the above message and I am waiting to see what he does. Anyone have any advice on this matter?

By the way, I live in TX and he lives in Arkansas. It is 5 hours from me to him.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
i would advise you to do some thing.. but it cant be posted here... and you would not want to put it in writing.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Does anyone know this guy? Can the moderators get on here and see if he has been on here and read his PM's? Can they also see any deleted posts he made? This IDIOT even had the nerve to leave me negative feedback on here. Everything he put in the feedback was a LIE! I sent him a money order and then never heard back from him. I even traced the money order to see if it was cashed. Sure enough...it was cashed, so he obviously received it! Notice that he hasn't made any posts trying to defend himself. WATCH OUT FOR THE MEMBER NAMED "2quickforu". He is a con artist!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ttt...for everyone to read!! Also trying to get him out of the woodwork.

·
Registered
912 Posts
CarNDrvr said:
This IDIOT even had the nerve to leave me negative feedback on here. Everything he put in the feedback was a LIE! I sent him a money order and then never heard back from him. I even traced the money order to see if it was cashed. Sure enough...it was cashed, so he obviously received it!
^
Thats anoying. If you have proof he cashed it then take the matter to the police.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
That will fall under the Federal Laws which cover interstate mail fraud ! When someone commits fraud on onther person from another state the postal police will drop by the address you sent the check or money order to and investigate . If you used a US postal M/O ( like in my case ) they are a bit more willing to look into it . If you contact the US Postal Police they'll take care of it for you , its a serious federal crime to commit fraud using the U.S postal service. I once had something like this done to me via E-bay and about 4 days after the U.S. postal police got a hold of the guy he had a money order on its way to me and gave me a call begging me to drop the complaint agaist him ...

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The last thing you want to do is something stupid and illegal. Resolve it through the postal service, they're like pitbulls. Though you have to prove he received your money order.

-faast

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I still have the money order stub. That's how I traced that it has already been cashed. I have sent in for a copy of the money order, which will match the stub, proving that he cashed it. Once I get that, I will follow up with the postal police.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I think the hard part is proving that he cashed it. Sure you can show that it was cashed, but how do you know that someoen didn't come across the money order and cash it him or herself? I don't know about where you are, but around here, I don't think the bank tellers even look at who the money order or check is made out to sometimes... kind of scary considering its their job to handle people's money!

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
go_BLUE_2 said:
I think the hard part is proving that he cashed it. Sure you can show that it was cashed, but how do you know that someoen didn't come across the money order and cash it him or herself? I don't know about where you are, but around here, I don't think the bank tellers even look at who the money order or check is made out to sometimes... kind of scary considering its their job to handle people's money!
I agree with go blue......nonetheless I would see if he even has the stage 1 or is trying to sell it somewhere else.....

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ttt...come out 2quickforu...come out and lets hear your side of the story...COWARD CON ARTIST!!! By the way, I still have yet to hear a word from him. He won't respond to my PM's or my emails, but he finds the time to leave me a negative trader rating on here.

For anyone who can help, this is what I have so far:

Name: James Hilger
License Plate: 046 EYL...Arkansas Registered

Anyone know how to look up info about someone without being charged for it?

I want everything...registered address, phone number, criminal record, etc...

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
CarNDrvr said:
ttt...come out 2quickforu...come out and lets hear your side of the story...COWARD CON ARTIST!!! By the way, I still have yet to hear a word from him. He won't respond to my PM's or my emails, but he finds the time to leave me a negative trader rating on here.

For anyone who can help, this is what I have so far:

Name: James Hilger
License Plate: 046 EYL...Arkansas Registered

Anyone know how to look up info about someone without being charged for it?

I want everything...registered address, phone number, criminal record, etc...
You can usually go to the website for the police department and they will show you if he has a record. If he does, it should also tell you his registered address, who arrested him, etc. You should also be able to call the police station and get info about him, if he has a record. I was scammed $1600, the famous Cyclone scam. This guy was all over like 5 diffrent forums scamming people. I got lucky and he never cashed the money order. He went to jail the day after he received it. He stole a car. I should now be getting my money back tomorrow or the next day. The Post office is sending me back money orders for a refund since it has now been 2 months. So, the only reason I am getting it all back is because he never cashed the money orders(had to send two because of the $1000 limit). Good luck. It may also be hard to get the police on it since it's only about $200. Try to find a friend of a friend or relative, etc. in the police department that can help.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ttt...2quickforu...come out come out wherever you are. The latest breakthrough is the fact that my stepfather is on the police reserves in TX, so he is going to look up his license plate and get me some info. on the CON ARTIST!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, this *** is still in hiding. Can some moderators step up and help me out here!!

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
they will match his sig on the back of the money order once they get the copy.... so if he cashed it, it's his ass..... i wouldn't worry. Aslong as you don't send cash, it's always able to be traced.

·
SRTFORUM Moderator
23,153 Posts
You think that's bad.... about a year ago, i sent out a money order for a body kit for my 92 Celica GTs(lol). The company has been out of bussniess. The sad part is, I tried EVERYTHING to try and get back my $700.00..... still to this day, I have heard nothing, or received anything. :(

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Yeah.. The money order is in that guys name, so he had to have cashed it. If he did, he's screwed, as they'll match the signature, as someone had said. Hell, I am 100% sure that the post office has cameras watching the patrons....

Plus, if somehow he didn't cash it, it's the post office's fault.

Either way, someone is screwed and you get your money.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts