Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today a young man named Brandon Bayens was layed to rest. He was 23 and leaves behind a fiancee and a 2 week old baby. Here's the deal, regardless of the circumstances surrounding the accident, which i dont know, we need to get together to help his fiancee and child. This saturday we will be having a car wash and if i am the only one out there washing cars then so be it but i feel guilty knowing the situation they are now in and doing nothing. I will post details of times and location of the carwash later tonight, but it will be saturday.

okay everyone here is the deal, Hall Dodge (formerly virginia beach dodge) is allowing us to use the front of their lot for our car wash. every show up at 830 am satuday morning. THIS saturday. if you have any questions or you need directions give me a call everyone should have my number, NC Srt's and Northern VA srt's if you can make it we can use your help. ATTENTION: your car MUST be CLEAN and SHINY we are parking all of our srts out front to help them advertise since they are helping us out.

THINGS WE NEED: anybody and everybody taht has a garden hose bringit and if you are bringing it let me know so i can gauge whether or not i need to go buy some. Everyone bring your carwashing gear, i know everybody has some. drying shamies we are going ot need a bunch of these. a bunch of bottle of spray and shine, that fake wax kinda stuff. and rolls of paper towels, lot of em, and auto glass cleaner.

·
Registered
564 Posts
That's horrible man, such a new and young family.. I would come down and grab a sponge and a shammy w/ you Dork but 'll be at VA-Tech this W/E... Prayers and love to the family though

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Dork im there dude. Let's do it sometime in the early part of the day. I dunno of a good place but im sure that explaining the situation to a gas station or what not if it's for a good cause they probablly wouldn't have a problem letting us use their facilities. But im in.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
To the top.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I have seen car washes being done at or next to the Chik-Fil-A on Va bch blvd and Independence I think...The road close to Trashmore. If I was still there, I would help. God Bless.

Kris

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Just to let you all know. I have been trying to case Brandon down for the past fue months. When ever I saw him. He was always going the other way on the road, so I would turn around and try to catch up with him. I wanted to invite him to a BBQ, dyno or what ever we might of had planned for a meet. But I never did get the chance to meet him.

That is until yesterday. I did not get to meet him personaly but I meet his family. I talked with his Mom for about 30 mins and his fiancee for a fue mins. He was like alot of us. Loved cars, hanging out with friends and helping someone that needed something even if it was someone to talk to, he was there.

I have a copy of the Obit. I am not going to type the whole thing due to the fact that it is about a page long. But I will say the important things.

Brandon D. Bayens
Suffolk - Brandon Derek Bayens, 22, of the 2000 block of Skeetertown Road, passed away Sept. 5, 2004, in Obici Hospital. He was born in Suffolk on feb. 9 1982. He will be sadly missed by his mother Brenda Griggs Thomas and Husband David of Suffolk; father, Bryan L. Bayens and wife judith of Fayetteville, Ga.; a son, Dayten Paitsel and a daughter, Hannah Paitsel, and there mother Nora Paitsel, all of Gates County, N.C.

The rest is just names of other people in the family.

I must say when I went to the funeral the place was slammed packed of people.

Ben I will have the correct address as to where to send (hand deliver) the card later in the week. I am asking everyone that can make it out to the carwash to also please make the time to take a drive saturday afternoon to help with delivering the car. Show the family that he has tuched your hearts even though alot of us had never meet him.

Thanx,

Doug

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Sounds good to me doug. Just either post a time and place or if dork get's on here just call my phone and let me know something punk. Talk to yall later.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I will try my best to make it this weekend. just need to know a time and place. will let some of my srt buddies know it. kickercar and immz if you read this you two have to show up!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
still working on a place i will keep you all updated and anyone whose number i have (which is pretty much everybody) i will give you a call

·
Registered
564 Posts
I will try as hard as possible to get there.. I'll be coming back from Roanoke though.. Post times and places and I will see if I can get there... If I can't make the wash, I will at least be there to donate some money, sign the card and go w/ you guys to the family's residence..

Hey Dork, call me when you know what's up. 804-839-1640

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im still hunting for somewhere that will let us have this carwash

forts can we get a sticky?

·
Registered
689 Posts
god bless his family

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
okay everyone here is the deal, Hall Dodge (formerly virginia beach dodge) is allowing us to use the front of their lot for our car wash. every show up at 830 am satuday morning. THIS saturday. if you have any questions or you need directions give me a call everyone should have my number, NC Srt's and Northern VA srt's if you can make it we can use your help. ATTENTION: your car MUST be CLEAN and SHINY we are parking all of our srts out front to help them advertise since they are helping us out.

THINGS WE NEED: anybody and everybody taht has a garden hose bringit and if you are bringing it let me know so i can gauge whether or not i need to go buy some. Everyone bring your carwashing gear, i know everybody has some. drying shamies we are going ot need a bunch of these. a bunch of bottle of spray and shine, that fake wax kinda stuff. and rolls of paper towels, lot of em, and auto glass cleaner.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm glad I got on here tonight. I would have hated to miss this. I will be there with all the cleaning gear that I can muster up. I will be calling you (Ben) for directions Friday night after I make my car look pretty. I'll try to find my rag bag too. A few of those won't hurt any.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Ben ,i spoke to you but you didnt let me know if you need anything. i will bring a hose, 5-6 paper towell rolls and some windex. im short on money till payday but let me know if there is anything else little i can use. see you there.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts