Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down to a dealership to see if they had any SRT-4's in stock. They did, and I got to sit in it and stuff. I asked if I could test drive it (im a 20 years old, and dress ratty). He said I could only if I were serious about buying the car. So I had to lie a little... :twisted: I dont have the money right now :( Anyway, the SRT-4 is amazing!! The wheels spin when you floor it!! Before I got my '00 civic si 3 years ago, I had a '98 mustang gt, and I swear, the srt-4 feels like it pulls as hard as the mustang did. Pictures dont do the srt-4's interior justice! Everything looks like grade A stuff except for the shift knob. The seats are great (im 6'2" 220lbs), and there was more than enough room for my legs and head (unlike my honda).

The only thing I didnt really like was the shifting....yes it was short as hell...but it was kinda stiff. The gas pedal also felt weird....but maybe its just because I wasnt use to the car.

I still cant get over how much power this car had...oh yea...the exhaust note is AWESOME!! It sounds great!!! I wouldnt touch the exhaust unless they can do better than the throaty growl the stock exhaust makes. A fart can would be criminal on this car.

Damn im still so giddy about the drive hahahah :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds like you liked the car eh?

Take the loss on the '00 Honda, trade it in at that dealer and turn yourself into an honest man! :lol: Honda dealers are always talking about what great resale value their cars have. Hehehe.

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
SRT-Hunter said:
The only thing I didnt really like was the shifting....yes it was short as hell...but it was kinda stiff. The gas pedal also felt weird....but maybe its just because I wasnt use to the car.
I agree. I kept missing 5th for the first 500 miles or so but then it losened up and now it feels great. Oh and as far as what others have said about 3 to 2 downshift problems it worked great for me.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love to do it....but I dont have a job right now. On top of that, I am moving to Queens, NY to goto school at Fordham in the fall, so I am not sure how well a new car is gonna fare out there (theft, dents/scratches etc). I am probably gonna sell my Si, then buy a beater. Although once I am out there, and things settle down, I might pick one up.... :twisted:

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey
i live in queens.
what part of queens will you be living in?
most likely you'll be perfectly fine with a new car (hey, i've had two. i even park nightly in manhattan)
watch out with fordham though, very, *VERY* rough neighborhood. don't leave the campus and wander that area. inside the college is nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
cyrilgrey
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing