Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tonight was a good night for the SRT-4. some friends and i hung out and ended up racing just about all night. had alot of kills and 1 loss.

1st kill..SN style 5.0 mustang, cobra intake, H pipe, headers, 3.73 gears, and a shifter. from a dig to 70 put 2 cars on him. from a 30 roll to 90 put 4 1/2 cars on him.

2. 02' Lightning. from a dig to 90 or so, he got me by 1/2 car out of the hole(no he cannot launch) by 40 i was passing him by 90 i had 2 cars.

3. 95' Z28 6-speed, hooker long tubes, 3" cutout, clutch, shifter, and an intake. from a dig to 80 i put 1 1/2 cars on him.

4. 3rd gen RX7 TT. donno what he had i found him while making a u-turn after a race. he had a nice front mount though. from 40-80ish i had 1 car and pulling slowly.

5. auto C5 vette with what looked to be a cat back. from 50-150 i put 1/2 car on him, a very close race. i was surprised i won.

the 1 loss, dig to 90 with a 94 Z28 6-speed. headers, cat-back, intake, clutch, and 4.11 gears. he got me by 3 cars.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
nice 8)

·
Registered
0 Posts
You are so full of shit! This is a great forum!

BTW how modded is your rice rocket?

Just for future reference a car length roughly equals a second in the quarter mile...all of the cars in your post are probably low 13 second cars maybe even better depending on the driver. If you just made up one race it might be believable due to driver error, but come on a modded Z28, Lightning, 3rd gen Rx7, Mustang, and a C5 vette. What were you thinking?

·
Registered
0 Posts
^ :D so tru yO!

Yo man the SRT-4 the fastest car out there* Race some seerious cars, yO. take out vipers and mack trucks and stuff dont waste your time with slow carz!

*under$20k

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
before u start flaming u might want to begin to ask questions and not look like an ass when i explain myself.

my car as it sits currently has a turbo XS dual stage MBC the car is at 7psi on the 1st stage then at 19 psi for the 2nd, and my down pipe is disconnected. so mid 13's aren't out of the question.

now the mustang is a low 14 second car. 14.1 on his best run to be exact. gee....can't talk shit there.

i said the lightning couldn't launch we both spun but i hooked before him and passed him while he was still spinning and once he hooked it stayed even.

the non geard 95 z28 has never gone better then 13.4. so its a drivers race.

now the Vette and RX-7 are both races from a roll.....yes a vette is a fast car but once u take its launching capabilites away(especiallly since it was an auto) the race becomes just whose car is faster. i had a camaro before this and raced many many supra's some with over 150 more hp all i did was try and launch out as many cars as possible and hope he didn't catch up, but on the highway i'd be bending over and he make me his bitch. from a dig the vette would probably easily get me by 4-7 cars depending on driver. and im sorry from 50-150 for 1/2 car means that it wasn't a murdering. and the RX-7 coulda been a bad driver, honestly donno what happened there, or it may not have been running perfect.....rotaries aren't exactly the most relaible engines ever made.

if there is anything else u'd like to question i'd be glad to explain that too. if u wanna find ricers go to street kiaz, but don't think im one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea thats is, i can't read a speedo correctly.....i thought i was reading the big nubers on the outside, ohh and my mommy says im special....yes it was 150 mph. im sorry i know i do not have alot of posts, but u can ask ED im not an idiot i know quite a bit about cars. and one person w/1 post and another with 7 just screams TROLL.

·
Registered
60 Posts
riceetr said:
now the Vette and RX-7 are both races from a roll.....yes a vette is a fast car but once u take its launching capabilites away(especiallly since it was an auto) the race becomes just whose car is faster.
yeah d00d! take away da vettes launch and it doesn't have anything going for it!

Oh, except for 350hp :lol: :roll:

and the RX-7 coulda been a bad driver, honestly donno what happened there
Are you saying RX7's are faster than C5 vettes? :lol:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Actually each car length is equal to .1 second not 1 second so he beat those cars by a couple tens of a second in the 1/4 mile if its true

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
kills

No wonder no one I know posts on the war forum... :roll:
Y'all are like a bunch of yappy little dogs.
Not saying he's right, not saying he's wrong.
But in a street race, the official times on a car don't mean squat.
You have no idea what shape the car's in, how good the driver is, if he launched bad, missed a gear, etc...
Yeesh.
So I'll just say good kills and move on.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Man oh man this place is a riot. This is almost as bad as the Evo guys.
Yawn both cars are good but man talk about I would kill this and I would kill that.
My .02 if you have Nos your no tuner unless its set up for a drag strip only.
If you street race thats fine but do not do it on busy streets.
And my final thought your SRT is not faster than every REX top end!!!
And no my Rex is not Faster than every SRT top end.
:shock:

·
Registered
60 Posts
edogg23 said:
Actually each car length is equal to .1 second not 1 second so he beat those cars by a couple tens of a second in the 1/4 mile if its true
Assuming a car that traps around 100mph (such as a stock SRT4), we get this:

100 miles/hour = 132,000 ft/hour (1320ft = 1 mile)

132,000 ft/hour = 2,200 ft/minute (60 minutes in one hour, 132,000/60 = 2,200)

2,200 ft/minute = 36.6 ft/second (60 second in one minute, 2,200/60 = 36.6)

So now we run into to problem of how long exactly is a car length? Lets just say 15 feet. In that case, one "car length" for a stock SRT4 would be 0.416 seconds.

P.S. I'm bored.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
It is way too early in the week to be doing complex mathematical calculations like that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
19 Participants
uhhuh
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing