Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has the Ford GT, Carrera GT, and Ferrari Enzo tests.

Great article. Sorry I don't have a link.

One thing i got a kick out of was the little comparison of the viper to the Ford GT. I caught shit a while back for claiming the Ford GT was faster. Well, it most certainly is. Now they have finally tested the production model.

To quote the magazine: "The quarter mile was a stunner: 11.2 seconds at 131.2 mph (for comparison, the last Dodge Viper we tested in January 2004 ran the quarter in 11.8 at 123.6).

There you have it. :hi:

·
Registered
839 Posts
How about a price comparison of the two huh? According to a quick search of MSN Autos, the MSRP for the 2005 Ford GT is $139,000. MSRP for the Dodge Viper is $81,000. Now this is only MSRP folks. Considering the Ford GT is brand spanking new its demand will most likely be quite high. Take that MSRP and slap a hefty HEFTY markup on it and you're pushing close to $155-160k after taxes and everything. I'd venture to say a viper can be had for less than $100k even after taxes and everything.

So to be able to save about $50k on my purchase and have a MUCH more kick ass looking vehicle I think I'd take the Viper :) Thats just my humble opinion though. Plus, come on people, its a freakin Ford!

·
Administrator
39,596 Posts
When the Ford team saw that their precious GT wasn't going to be faster than the viper, they had to push back the release and up the power. Wasn't the first test of a "production model" about a year ago?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
for the price of the GT you could get a viper and supercharge or turbocharge it, get some suspension and then run circles around almost anything in any performance catagory other than sucking dick and going slow.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
My opinion: Two awesome cars that I will never be able to afford. :crying:

They're both pretty wicked - but I'm a Dodge guy to the core, so I'm going to side with the Viper every time. But I did see the GT in person at a car show, and it's sweet. It looks every bit as badass as a Viper.

I think they recently discovered that the GT has a top speed around 205. That's impressive any way you look at it.

But even if the prices were the same, I'd go Viper. There's just something special about that car.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Jayls5 said:
To quote the magazine: "The quarter mile was a stunner: 11.2 seconds at 131.2 mph (for comparison, the last Dodge Viper we tested in January 2004 ran the quarter in 11.8 at 123.6).

There you have it. :hi:
That is REALLY REALLY fast we are talking :wah?!:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I figured someone would immediately bring up the price difference. Who cares? The GT in stock form runs circles around it. It handles way better too.

I could say I could buy an 03 cobra and have it beat vipers for less. So what?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SRT_Tekk said:
How about a price comparison of the two huh? According to a quick search of MSN Autos, the MSRP for the 2005 Ford GT is $139,000. MSRP for the Dodge Viper is $81,000. Now this is only MSRP folks. Considering the Ford GT is brand spanking new its demand will most likely be quite high. Take that MSRP and slap a hefty HEFTY markup on it and you're pushing close to $155-160k after taxes and everything. I'd venture to say a viper can be had for less than $100k even after taxes and everything.

So to be able to save about $50k on my purchase and have a MUCH more kick ass looking vehicle I think I'd take the Viper :) Thats just my humble opinion though. Plus, come on people, its a freakin Ford!

I don't know. I prefer the look of the GT myself... I like the interior a lot more also. Push button start, amazing ergonomics.

It beats cars 3 times the price in the slalom. Everyone talks about how it's easy as hell to drive with a super light clutch and smooth gearbox. I'd take it over the viper any day.

Motor trend got it to do 200.1 and they said it had a tad bit left to go but they ran out of room.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Actually the original debate was posted by motortrend a year ago. Pre production Ford was slower than the viper in the 1/4 by a tenth. All of a sudden the GT's run almost a second faster? Sounds like Fords ego was hurt and they had to do something about it. By the way, the first GT that was released was purchased for a $500,000 donation. Hefty price to pay for a $150,000 FORD. It looks like BUTT IMO.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I dont get why people think top speed is so impressive. Maybe in the wide open country area where the road is straight for miles on end and there are never any cops....otherwise its worthless.

And I think price is VERY important when it comes to cars. It was the biggest factor for me when buying the SRT. It combined speed,looks,economy,upgradability,and especially price, all into one. If I like multiple different cars for various reasons whats the final deciding factor IMO...price

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Na, it was pre production. To quote this article exactly: "Under its rear clamshell lurks a supercharged, 32 valve, 5.4-liter V8 good for 550 hp (well up from the 500-horsepower figure ford released during our drive of a GT protoype last year)"

·
Registered
442 Posts
When the hell did this become the general discussion forum? I went in the srt discussion to talk or read about info in regards to the srt. Maybe people could learn to read and start posting in the correct sections. Why have any categories at all?

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
electric blue said:
When the hell did this become the general discussion forum? I went in the srt discussion to talk or read about info in regards to the srt. Maybe people could learn to read and start posting in the correct sections. Why have any categories at all?
when did this become the crying forum? i came here to talk and read about the srt4. maybe people could learn to quit CRYING in the wrong sections.
:crying::crybaby::crying::crybaby:

·
Banned
2,163 Posts
Jayls5 said:
Na, it was pre production. To quote this article exactly: "Under its rear clamshell lurks a supercharged, 32 valve, 5.4-liter V8 good for 550 hp (well up from the 500-horsepower figure ford released during our drive of a GT protoype last year)"
There's no "replacement for displacement" Remember that is the almighty Mustang code of sphincterism.
-signed infinite mullet Mustang Nut huggers association-

Viper wins''''''''''''''''''''''''

"You mean you need FI to keep up with the almighty v-8"
-over circumsized ford owners' nut hugging club

SRT-4 wins'''''''''''''''''''''

Next~~~~~~~~~

·
Registered
938 Posts
I'd rather take the fake GT-40 than the fake Cobra...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.