Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally going to the track tommorow because before putting on stage 1 i want to see where it runs. Hopefully I run like a 13.9 thats what I'm hopin for but I know I'm gonna have to be on top of my drivin game, which I will :eveilgrin . My dad and bro are goin they both drive a 12 second dart and both know how to shift and my dad wants to help me out, this being my first time and all. He wants me to pull the old e-brake trick. How do you guys run at the track( e-brake or just leave revving it little or what)? Just looking for some opinions on how to run, but ill prob end up usin the old e-brake trick. Thanks Tim

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
well stock i ran 13.966 @ 99.23 60 foot time is 2.130
I never ran with stage one. i assume if you go to the track for 3 months and run you will eventually get 13.8 or 13.7. Just be patient and try to be consistant cause then when you become consistant in your times you can start trying new things.
No e-brake, trust me. First to launch, stage one you should hold 2200 rpms and feather out the clutch, but not to slow or else youll be riding the clutch and you wont go anywhere fast.

Mike

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
you hold your foot on the clutch all the way down and your foot on teh gas holding 2200 rpms. the car wont go anywhere until you let out the clutch.

Mike

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
383man said:
How do u hold 2200 rpms without using the ebrake? Do u mean holidng your foot on the gas and brake at the same time? Thanks Tim
Pretty sure hes implying you hold down the clutch,run it to 2200 and ease off the clutch as you get traction.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
mikebrink28 said:
Pretty sure hes implying you hold down the clutch,run it to 2200 and ease off the clutch as you get traction.
Yea hes right also.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.