Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did anyone read the new motor trend issue. they said the Civic type-r is coming to the states. what the hell should i do. i love the srt and i love the type r. i planning on buying an srt but this just threw a wrench into the works.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Read the part where the Type-R is 0-60 in 6.6, then read where you don't feel any power until after 5krpm. I'm not dogging the R, I appricate what Honduh is trying to do, and competition is good. But they are WAY outgunned in this fight.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Most auto mag. reviews will point out that the Civic will have less thrashy engine, the vtech is a little smoother. Also for the standpoint of reliability, the Honda will stand out (ive owned a couple Hondas and Acura's and have to agree) not saying the SRT-4 wont go 150k because it could. I think the price will be close or maybe a little higher. Oh, lets not forget resale value down the road except the SRT-4 with its limited production will keep the car competitive for a while.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Well, it sounds like if you're worried about reliability and resale value and you don't mind waiting for it, the Type R is for you. You just need to decide if you're willing to sacrifice those factors for speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts