painting your wheels black?
haha, i was starting to worry that i hadn't given out enough hints. :jester:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
drewsrt said:
make sure you post pics RIGHT after you're done
Yep, i was finally able to find flat black duplicolor wheel paint. (thanks advanced auto parts). i'll post up picks of the wheels when i'm finished, but the wheels won't be going back on the car until the first forcast of snow this year. :frogtongu

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ViscousCircles said:
Why flat black?? Your putting a clear coat over em to make em glossy anywayz, right?
well, i'm trying to keep them as flat as possible. The clear coat is just for extra protection from the elements and whatnot. I figure since my summer wheels are flat black, might as well try and make the winter (stock) ones as close to that as possible.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ViscousCircles said:
hmmmm then you might not want to put the clear on....they will not come out flat with that clear coat on there.
yeah, i know. that's ok if they have a bit of gloss to them. i'd rather have that then peeling, chipping, etc. at least they'll be black. plus they'll only be on the car for a few months every year, so it's not a huge deal.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
post pics when your done cause im seirously thinking about doing that to my stock wheels..

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
mdhavi18 said:
well, i'm trying to keep them as flat as possible. The clear coat is just for extra protection from the elements and whatnot. I figure since my summer wheels are flat black, might as well try and make the winter (stock) ones as close to that as possible.
If you want flat black, no clearcoat. I didn't clearcoat mine and look as flat as they can be. I also had mine for about a year and a half and it looks as good as the day I painted them. :jester:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kaminarineon said:
oh man u almost scared the hell out of me cause u already have black ALT's :rofl:

post some pics when u are done
haha, sorry. don't worry, i'm definately not touching the alts. (on a side note, i got a small scratch in one of my rims, and i colored it in with permenant black marker, and you can't even tell it's there, even now, like 4 months after the fact. :clap: )

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts