Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a guy at my school with a 2004 VW GTi 1.8T with a chip that soposebly takes his 180hp to 225 and he has other stuff like a 3' exhaust system...EVO Intake...suspension work....and a short shifter....he says he is pulling 250hp and he can eat me for lunch so is there any way my srt-4 can take him or is his talk actualli true? i sure as hell dont wanna race him n loose because i would be really embarrased at school :crying: so is there i chance i can put the petal to the metal and whoop him? :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
You have got this if you don't mess up. My friend has a Jetta 1.8t with almost the same mods minus the shifter and I pull on him pretty well. Race him from a stop and when you are pulling away remember to laugh at how chipped 1.8t's get worse traction than us. Also remember he's talking Crank HP not wheel HP

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Smoke him, if you were to lose and he tries to talk after that remind him that your car costs less brand new (any option on his car and the price is more than an SRT) and he has a bunch of mods and you don't (if you are stock). If you're not stock, then why are you even worried at all? VW's are for pussies, so treat him like one!

·
Registered
344 Posts
i think youll beat him but i dont think VWs are for pussies either. they can be modified to be pretty mean. this months SCC has one pushin over 300hp on pump gas. just cause our cars are prety mean right out of the box doesnt mean someone making their car- VW or anything else for that matter, a pussy. The mazdaspeed protege isnt that fast but has lots of potential. and i believe the VW has potential also.

·
Registered
808 Posts
i know for a fact that vw downtunes their turbo motors. with just the chip u can see 40-50 hp. but the 1.8t with the chip and exhaust might be a very close race to a stock srt. if u got a WGA or something u will smoke him allllllllll day.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mine is stock rite now i just got it last week so im tryint to break it in nicely and its true what srt4turbo04 said they get lousy traction so im not really scared of him in the 1'st and second gear im scared in the 3'rd gear cause they have a really long 3'rd gear (it can go up to 115 mph) so i think he has a advantage over my srt-4 :(

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Remember, the longer the gear, the longer it'll take to accellerate through it. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure you are making more torque and torque is what matters most for racing around on the streets. A stock GTI 1.8T only makes 173 lb.ft. of torque. I say you race him and put him in his place, but wait for the break in mileage to accumulate (anywhere between 500-1000 miles is my guess).

·
Registered
642 Posts
i have a friend with the same setup. 2001 GTI 1.8t chip, intake, turboback exhaust, short shifter. raced him when i was stock and was a car ahead of him by end of 2nd gear and 4-5 cars by end of 3rd. i figured he was a bad driver so we switched and raced again, and he still killed me. they have a lot of torque in 1st and 2nd gear but that's it.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Dont worry about 3rd. Our cars have a mean 3rd gear pull compared to most 4banger cars. If you learn to launch your car you will have him at your back bumper before your out of first and he wont recover. I also think, that even stock, you will pull on him some more in 2nd and probably 3rd also.

If you loose, which i doubt you will, just say no prob I want a rematch when i get a few bolt ons like you have already. He will either shut his trap if he knows whats good for him..or he will welcome the race because he is ignorant to our cars potential. Put S2/exh or S1/WGA/exh alone and you will walk his ass like the neighbors dog. PLUS when you pop your hood for the cronies at school...it'll still look stock! Then its your turn to talk alittle shit :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Woot, finally a thread I can answer...

I have a 2003 1.8t with a chip, downpipe, and some other goodies. My best time at the track is mid 14's, pulling around 98 mph.

He's not putting down 250 whp unless he's got a turbo upgrade...that makes me lol

Tops he can get on the stock turbo and stock fueling is about 220 whp.

[edit] Also, I've race a ton of SRT4's at the track and I am winless to date... :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
aintnomyth said:
Woot, finally a thread I can answer...

I have a 2003 1.8t with a chip, downpipe, and some other goodies. My best time at the track is mid 14's, pulling around 98 mph.

He's not putting down 250 whp unless he's got a turbo upgrade...that makes me lol

Tops he can get on the stock turbo and stock fueling is about 220 whp.

[edit] Also, I've race a ton of SRT4's at the track and I am winless to date... :rofl: :rofl:
I love that some one can admit that they lost. Thats very hard to do and you are a true man to be able to. :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
SRT-4aKid's Brother said:
Smoke him, if you were to lose and he tries to talk after that remind him that your car costs less brand new (any option on his car and the price is more than an SRT) and he has a bunch of mods and you don't (if you are stock). If you're not stock, then why are you even worried at all? VW's are for pussies, so treat him like one!
Yeah and only REAL men drive Dodge Neons!:rolleyes:

Do you even have your license yet?

-faast

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
SLOW50H, you are the king of all retards who are illiterate. Do you read SN's before spouting off at the person who may or may not be who you think they are?! The part that says "Brother" means that I am not SRT-4aKId. I've had my license for many years now. I maintain that VW's are chick cars. Yeah, base Neons aren't the most masculine cars, but an SRT-4 is a different beast. Call it a Neon if you want, at least it goes fast from the day you buy it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well i found out tonight who's car is faster....i went to the races with him and we were going back on I-90 and a blue Neon SRT-4 pulled up to us and started blowing his BOV and then my friend (the 1.8T guy) downshifter down to 3'rd holding it at 4,000 RPMz and the Neon took off first and then he gunned it and he was taking the neon half a car the entire time....the neon started catching up to us after 100miles but we had to shut down at 120 due to traffic coming up so i guess he's a little bit faster considering this blue neon we raced had a BOV and prolly some other stuff on it :( but hey like u guys said put on a coupe of bolt on's when i break my car in and S2 and then just watch him in my rear-view mirror (but to tell you the truth i still think i can take him stock cause when he guns his car is doesnt glue me to the seat as my srt-4 does...well when i have about 1,000 miles we will see but until then im gonna say he's faster until i run him then i'll embarras the fuk outta him hopefully :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.