Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys I'm buying Brady's turbo kit looking at the cash as we speak. Now my question is do I need anymore than this to get me running safe.

1.GT35R kit
2.devils W/I
3.Dtec fuel and boost computer
4.Walboro 255lph
5.zeitronics
??? FMIC
??? Return line

I just want to make a bit more power than my current nitrous setup witch net's me about 350hp on spray. So 380hp would be awsome till I can build the motor. Do I need an FMIC and return line right away or can I hold off for a little bit?

·
Registered
924 Posts
You would really benefit from a large FMIC... but you could stay stock, just don't expect the numbers you want...

You NEED bigger injectors (ie. 750's or 650's)

You can run with out a return line... BUT it is needed for a reliable big turbo setup

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
He has stage 2 so he has pretty big injectors. Could the S2 injectors handle 400hp?

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup stage 2 686cc injectors in at the moment AGP claims 380-400hp with stage2 and a Walboro. Also keep in mind W-meth/I is going to decrease intake temps prolly as much as a FMIC used by its self. I know the flow wont be there but it wont hurt it will it?

If I'm making the same or a little more hp than my nitrous setup witch runs my a/f in to the low 10's to high 9's as is with out the walboro it should be fine not running the return line.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
canadian_made_srt-4 said:
what would be better to have an FMIC or a return setup?
Both. The small stock cooler will not do a good job at flowing the volume of air that the larger turbo will create.

Off topic, but still very important.

If you do get a big cooler you should get one of these for safety and maintain the vehicles structural ridgity.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213613

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
FMIC ordered from uncommon for $292USD check out their GB in their section
Here's a little advice about buying supporting mods. Buy everything or what ever you can that you can use now and will also work with your built motor. Buy it once and be done with it or wait till you have $ to buy the proper part/parts. Research, research...... Don't waste your $ buying the same things twice.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I've been running with my stock FMIC for the past two months on my big turbo and had no problems... I finally installed a big one and noticed a big difference... but the stock one was okay, even with the beatings I was giving it...

Do the bottleneck fix.... and if you have some money left over, have somebody port your Manifold and TB... it made a HUGE difference on my setup low-end.... FBM claimed 25whp with it on... guys have dynoed 20whp with it... i bet you i got that much out of it too...

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hey Guys I'm buying Brady's turbo kit looking at the cash as we speak. Now my question is do I need anymore than this to get me running safe.

1.GT35R kit
2.devils W/I
3.Dtec fuel and boost computer
4.Walboro 255lph
5.zeitronics
??? FMIC
??? Return line

I just want to make a bit more power than my current nitrous setup witch net's me about 350hp on spray. So 380hp would be awsome till I can build the motor. Do I need an FMIC and return line right away or can I hold off for a little bit?
380 on that kit with a fmic is a walk in the park.

What are you going to run for tires? Getting the power down is now your issue.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
brady said:
What are you going to run for tires? Getting the power down is now your issue.

He's getting a nice lightweight package from me... he's going to hook.... don't you worry :eveilgrin

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
That bar is a must I will be cutting it and boxing it my self in my shop.
Oh sure... copy it. :ninja: I should get those pics removed...

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the rims are the one's in horngrabbers post the black ones...and dont forget I have slicks.

Copy the bar please I own it I can do what ever I want...lol..no copyrights on it I'm sure...some one needs to make a Titanium one!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts