Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would just like to say that I have raced the first GT Mustang out of us SRT owners here (at least that's posted it up) and I am proud to say he had intake, exhaust, and a few other things, I'll ask him tomorrow. He dynoed at 305 HP and 375 Torque. From a roll to about 70 I beat him by 2-3 car lengths up until about 130 when I was around 6 or so car lengths ahead. Then from a dead stop to about 70 I was about 1-2 car lengths ahead (that was peeling out pretty much all of 1st gear when he got about a car length in front of me and then chirping the tires in 2nd I went passed him and to around 70 I was 1-2 car lengths ahead and about 4-5 car lengths ahead by around 110. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Terminator said:
I would just like to say that I have raced the first GT Mustang out of us SRT owners here (at least that's posted it up) and I am proud to say he had intake, exhaust, and a few other things, I'll ask him tomorrow. He dynoed at 305 HP and 375 Torque. From a roll to about 70 I beat him by 2-3 car lengths up until about 130 when I was around 6 or so car lengths ahead. Then from a dead stop to about 70 I was about 1-2 car lengths ahead (that was peeling out pretty much all of 1st gear when he got about a car length in front of me and then chirping the tires in 2nd I went passed him and to around 70 I was 1-2 car lengths ahead and about 4-5 car lengths ahead by around 110. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Term, please slow down my brother, how many times have you gone over 100 MPH already? You have a great car and I'm sure your friends & family think your great as well. Stick around to enjoy them!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
good kill man, call me got some info for ya you gonna like to hear

·
Registered
10 Posts
:roll:

:roll: I can't believe no one has chimed in on this, but I for one sure the hell am.

I believe the mustang kill if it was an automatic. 5-speed version would have been VERY close. Either that or a horrible driver. Good job.

Mustang GT with basic bolt ons will dyno NOWHERE NEAR 305hp and 375ft/lbs. Stock the car is what, 260hp AT THE CRANK (220 if that at the wheels)?....yeah, 80+hp with little bolt-ons, mustang owner is a moron. Now if the car was an 99 or 01 cobra, that is believable on the HP part, still not the torque. And to top it off, even with a car weighing 600+lbs more than the SRT...the SRT will still get raped by a 305hp/375ft/lb @ the wheels car.

305/375 = about 350hp/425 ft/lb

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Term next time you are down my way i'll have to go on a spin with you and my camcorder so we can lay this to rest... :twisted:

·
Registered
58 Posts
i had a run in w/an 01' or 02' GT, it had those gunmetal craiger looking rims. he was a 5-speed, we went from 60 to about 120 and i only had about 1 1/2 cars in that race. They are beatable but a lil tough, i was in 5th by the time i was passing him.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: :roll:

97GSX said:
:roll: I can't believe no one has chimed in on this, but I for one sure the hell am.

I believe the mustang kill if it was an automatic. 5-speed version would have been VERY close. Either that or a horrible driver. Good job.

Mustang GT with basic bolt ons will dyno NOWHERE NEAR 305hp and 375ft/lbs. Stock the car is what, 260hp AT THE CRANK (220 if that at the wheels)?....yeah, 80+hp with little bolt-ons, mustang owner is a moron. Now if the car was an 99 or 01 cobra, that is believable on the HP part, still not the torque. And to top it off, even with a car weighing 600+lbs more than the SRT...the SRT will still get raped by a 305hp/375ft/lb @ the wheels car.

305/375 = about 350hp/425 ft/lb
Well that was your first post here, ever, so perhaps you haven't read all the other threads?? It was a 5-speed, and he's a very good driver, he's down LOTS of stuff to his car though, I'll find out everything tomorrow and let you know what he has done to it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
First post, smirsht post....doesn't matter

Off topic: This is a newer forum, new people will join, get over it. Been a long time member of Neons.org......5+ years, attending NEON98 and 99.

FACT: Mustang GT WILL NOT make 305/375 @ the wheels with bolt ons. I could see maybe 260hp @ the wheels, but that is stretching it.

So, you are telling me a car with @ 90hp and 130ft/lb MORE you beat by about 6 car lengths????? ROFLMAO, stupid. Not saying that you didn't beat the mustang, i believe you can...BUT NO WAY IN HELL I believe about the mustang making those #'s on the dyno.

I'll put it to you this way... A stock mustang GT has run 13.8's, a stock SRT4 has run 13.9's. This would be a drivers race. But to mod one and have the other STOCK, and the stock one beat the modded on is udder lack of skills of the modded one or the modded one was just playing around and not trying. If you mustang friend was trying with all these mods you say he has, he either doesn't know how to drive or the car's tune just blows.

PLEASE don't turn this into HONDA TALK WANABEs

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Re: :roll:

Terminator said:
Well that was your first post here, ever, so perhaps you haven't read all the other threads?? It was a 5-speed, and he's a very good driver, he's down LOTS of stuff to his car though, I'll find out everything tomorrow and let you know what he has done to it.
97GSX said:
Off topic: This is a newer forum, new people will join, get over it. Been a long time member of Neons.org......5+ years, attending NEON98 and 99.
I don't think he was trying to insinuate that since you are new to this forum, you don't know what you're talking about. He mentioned it was a 5-speed on the other page and he meant since you were new, you might have missed reading that page. I saw some smoke and figured I'd throw some water on it before it got out of hand.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Chill folks

Bad Driver, good driver.....

He damn smoked the GT....on the streets if I remember its run what ya brung , right?
Sure more hp to the Gt, but what does it weight oh haters?

·
Registered
10 Posts
No hate here. I even told the poster good run. But, the only thing I WILL argue is the guy with that mustang is full of crap if he thinks it dynoed 305hp/375ft/lb at the wheels with bolt ons. Never hated on the SRT4 as I am deciding to get one or not......and sorry, just in a touchy mood right now.

Timing belt decided to go POP :shock: at 90mph with only 54k miles on my GSX. Put it this way....will post pics soon.... 2 quarter size holes in the oil pan and about a 2" gash in between :x ...motor locked up...

Should be ASE certified soon though self training on this car. :p

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I found out today that he is pretty much all bullshit, even myself didn't believe the 305 hp/375 torque fully, he really has about 260 or so, as people say. After I heard that a kid at our school has 605 HP at the crank in a suped up GT mustang I began questioning and found out that first of all...that was nowhere near true, and second of all, the kid i did race was just bluffing as well, people are syaing around 260 hp, so...lemme go grab my gun and find out where he lives and I'll let you guys know how that goes considering him lying cause a thread to go up in flames :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
295 Posts
MUSTANG RACE in CALI

okay I am a newbie but Terminator, I gotta tell you and everyone what happened to me about 2 hours ago here in southern California... A superblack mustang mach 1 with the 4.6liter 305hp engine( i think its only made in a manual) came beside me and blasted by like HOLY SHITTTTT!!!!! I was pumped with that adrenaline feeling you get when you wanna vent and smoke someone on the road!! well finally after 2 intersections chasing the bastard we hit a red light . both intent to race , hes revving the crap out of his ride and I am calm because tire spinning in my previous races kills the speed. green light and bamn he spining like whoa. The secret ive learned with the Srt-4 is let out the clutch at about 1,700 rpms slow then floor it. I still stayed at 4,000rpms speed shifted to 2nd and I swear to The neon gods out there that I smoked him by 2 car lengths and stopped @ 110mph. damn that torque kicks ass!!!! it feels like endless power!!!!!!! Theres a bunch of ss and z28s I wanna see how close I get to them I know they are faster but by how many car lengths??

anyay I am new to the post but not to tha streets!!!!! peace :eek:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i saw the Mustang Terminator raced at the track last night...he could only muster up a 9.35 in the 8th. Its a Blue 97-98ish GT 5 speed coupe with intake, exhaust and a few suspension mods. Its a GT 5 speed trust me

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Stock GT's run about 260hp. 300 is not difficult at all to get with bolt ons. CAI, intake, cat back, pulleys, timing bump, gears it's really not difficult at all.

-faast

·
Registered
41 Posts
97GSX said:
No hate here. I even told the poster good run. But, the only thing I WILL argue is the guy with that mustang is full of crap if he thinks it dynoed 305hp/375ft/lb at the wheels with bolt ons. Never hated on the SRT4 as I am deciding to get one or not......and sorry, just in a touchy mood right now.

Timing belt decided to go POP :shock: at 90mph with only 54k miles on my GSX. Put it this way....will post pics soon.... 2 quarter size holes in the oil pan and about a 2" gash in between :x ...motor locked up...

Should be ASE certified soon though self training on this car. :p
Welcome to DSM ownership. They are good cars but require a lot of care ;-)

Was the motor & head stock? Are you sure the timing belt was the culprit or did a tensioner lock up and rip the timing belt? A friend of mine had a tensioner rip up his belt but he luckily decided to change it - found it when he pulled the cover.

Wow, only 54k miles on a '97 - I'm at 95k.....

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
About this Discussion
102 Replies
34 Participants
Jeffiam
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing