Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone be interested in a group buy of valve covers for their SRT-4? It's a great price if we get 10 people to buy them. It would be $40 (plus a $75 core charge) to get one and they look great! Take a look at a few pics I have:

Before

Valve Cover powder-coated red:

Similar installed on PVO's show SRT-4:

There are two sets of color choices. CC1 colors would be $40 and CC2 colors would be $50. You can get your valve cover with the letters polished or powder-coated.

CC1 includes:
Flame Red, Solar Yellow, High-Gloss Black, Rally Blue, Rally Green, Rally Purple
CC2 includes:
Mirror Silver, Wrinkle Red, Wrinkle Black, Candy Blue, Candy Red, Antifreeze Green, Black Chrome

Shipping and handling should be about $12.50 and it will take approximately 1 to 2 1/2 weeks to receive them once we get them ordered. Let me know if anyone would be interested.

-SamelCamel
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is what the "core" charge is for. You pay an extra $75 and get your cover immediately. There would be no leaving your car without a valve cover for three weeks. You get the new one, swap it, and send the old one back for a refund of your $75. As far as a wrinkle black with red letters, I'll check!

-Sam

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I have the best job right now!!!!

Part of what I do is powder coat.....so I am already ordering some red crinkle coat to do mine and a few other parts :D for the cost of the materials. OH YA

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got an email from Shane at ACBC Powder-Coating and he let me know that he currently only has 3 cores that he can utilize for powder-coating. This means that if we had 10 people right now who wanted one, seven people would actually have to send their's in to be powder-coated. I also checked on the black cover with red letters and he stated that they cannot do that.

Thanks,

Sam

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
This sounds like a great idea and I want to have mine done. Is there anyway we can prolong this for a while, maybe middle of May? We just did the motor mount group buy and Pit Viper can get a pretty good deal on Eibach springs if he gets them in by the end of April. What about, since he only has 3 covers to switch out, when we sign up, you put me last in line.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Grunge. As far as I know, there's no "time limit" on this. We can all do it whenever 10 of us want to get it done. It REALLY makes a difference in the engine compartment too. One of the worst looking things under the hood is that spotty valve cover!

-Sam

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Oh, I'm with you 100% on that. I just can't decide on the color. :lol: :lol: :lol: I like the red that was shown on the pics, but I was thinking Candy Apple red would look nice too, or maybe a blue.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Re: Yea, Let the ricer mods begin!

HOSS99 said:
Yea, Let the ricer mods begin!
LMAO. I wouldn't go as far to call that a ricer mod. If you've seen the existing covers, you'd know they have oxidation spots on them and a nice paint job would cover this up and make it look better. That will be the only change I will be doing to the appearance anyway. The rest will be all performance upgrades: Type R stickers, NOS stickers, GReddy Stickers...bumper stickers....and one huge headliner that says SRT 4 Pwnz j00... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The group buy is for ANY valve cover. They can take care of you too, Roach. If you've already got one ready to send it, it can be added to the group buy. $40.

Email me all your info if you want to get in the buy.

-Sam

·
Registered
755 Posts
ahh you guys are killin me! i still got a month till i get mine. i say no more group buys for a month or two :D , so i can be more sure about em :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Camaro. I'm interested in the SRT-4,
and may buy one in the fall when my 300M
lease expires. I didn't mean to offend anyone,
but I seriously hope the SRT-4 crowd doesn't
become to riced up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
11 Participants
NeonDan
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing