Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This where i need actual commitments for a 3 set of mounts from DM. The 3 mount set is $208 but im in touch with Travis and will bring forth the Group Buy as soon as i get hard numbers. Anyone willing to sign up for this buy...i'll get it done for you all.

UPDATE: At the moment thanks to DCX the tranny mount is unavailable so the group buy for now will only be the two passenger side mounts. The pair shipped in continental US will be $141.55 total. BTW guys if you have a 2nd gen Neon and need a pair this applies to them too for this GB :wink: Thanks

If you like, you can set up a group buy on the engine upper and lower torque struts, and we'll do the trans mount later. There are two available in Detroit, and I'm not likely to even get both of those, so those tranny mounts are going to be SCARCE for about 4-8 weeks, as is typical with a brand new part. I'll give ship to you guys at a rate of $141.55 per set of 2 (engine upper and engine lower), and they'll fit both the SRT and non-turbo Neon. Absolutely! The torque struts (the engine upper mount and engine lower mount) are the ones that, if weak, will cause the most movement of the drivetrain. The transaxle mount is more within the axis of rotation of the drivetrain, so it's not going to help as much as far as reducing engine movement. Pricing on the engine upper and lower mounts, with the discount, is $141.55. That price includes shipping to any of the 50 states.

-Travis
Deyeme Racing
So far...

Group Buy List:

Cali - Upper and Lower mounts = $141.55 (Ordered)
BMXFreak- Upper and Lower mounts = $141.55 (Payed Cash)
ohyeahwright- Upper and Lower mounts = $141.55 (Ordered)
Terminator- Upper and Lower mounts = $141.55 (Payed Cash)
Grunge- Upper and Lower mounts = $141.55 (Ordered)
NeonWaSp- Upper and Lower mounts = $141.55 (Ordered)
RedSRT4Me- Upper and Lower mounts = $141.55 (Ordered)
el_jefe- Upper and Lower mounts = $141.55 (Payment Pending)
dsm_ME- Upper and Lower mounts = $141.55 (Ordered)
Pit Viper- Upper and Lower mounts = $141.55 (Ordered)
RaptorRed- Upper and Lower mounts = $141.55 (Payment Pending)
AbuBamsry- Upper and Lower mounts = $141.55 (Payed Personal Check)
Exhaust Depot- Upper and Lower mounts = $141.55 (Paypal 0wn3d us!)
GeneralLee- Upper and Lower mount = $141.55 (Ordered)
Ti999er- Upper and Lower mount = $141.55 (Payment Pending)
AJPSRT4- Upper and Lower mount = $141.55 (Ordered)
Opposum69- Upper and Lower mount = $141.55 (Ordered)
TTigger- Upper and Lower mount = $141.55 (Payed Paypal)
Warren Fulmer- Upper and Lower mount = $141.55 (Payment pending)
Jason T- Upper and Lower mount = $141.55 (Payed Bank Check)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am definitely inetrested in a set of the motor mounts just let me know when and where to send my money/ info.

-Derek-

·
Registered
726 Posts
Contingent on a final price, I am certainly interested. What kind of price break are we looking at?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a reply...considering he is the only one offering mounts for the SRT should speak volume alone. But Im working on it and will keep everyone interested posted:

We are waiting word on the transaxle mount, supply wise. As soon as that is resolved, I'll work with you on setting up a group buy. For now, I don't know how rare those mounts are, and the cost difference between those and the regular trans mount. Once I know something, which should be tomorrow, I'll get back to you.

-Travis
Deyeme Racing

·
Registered
313 Posts
SRT-4 not here yet, but I'm still in. I figure I've bought everything else, why not these too? Heck, I even have the oil bought for the SRT-4's first oil change. LOL!
nighcore=1 set

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Re: Group Buy: Deyeme Racing SRT4 Motor Mounts

acr2nv said:
This where i need actual commitments for a 3 set of mounts from DM. The 3 mount set is $208 but im in touch with Travis and will bring forth the Group Buy as soon as i get hard numbers. Anyone willing to sign up for this buy...i'll get it done for you all. Thanks
Unless these are the solid metal mounts (no poly insert or rubber for an internal), then include me.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Pending final price, i'm in.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The motor is attaached to the frame of a car via soft plastic wrapped which is held in place with a metal clamp. Car manufacturers design these mounts to be soft so that cabin vibration is kept to a minumum. The downside to this is that the engine moves all around, especially in a FWD car because the axles, engine, and transmission are all directly connected. You also get "wheel hop" because the engine is moving around, causing the wheels to jump off the ground during hard launches.

Solid mounts made of a harder material will keep the engine in place so it can focus on putting it's power to moving the wheels and not jumping all over the engine bay.

Are these mounts just the inserts or the complete mount?

·
Banned
3,841 Posts
Hey Hey

Count me in if the Motor Mounts are under $200 w/ discount!

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
DM is a good company. They are known on neons.org for offering quite a few products in the past and they stabd behind their work. I changed my mind I'm definately in.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Looks like around 13 people are interested. Hopefully, they'll offer us something under $200. I guess Acr will be posting info when he receives it. Where's the info Acr, you slacker!!! :lol: :lol: Just kidding. We all appreciate the extra effort.

·
Registered
12 Posts
tell me what kind of price we're talkin about so i know how much to send where, i think i may need em already as during my first few weeks of power shifting into second on a good launch (not making wheels jump but taking off quick none-the-less) i used to hear a noticeable chirp as second engaged, but now all i am getting is either a sort of "thunk" sound or a definite lack of that chirp sound that i love...with less than 1300 on the odometer i wouldnt think ive fried the clutch already so possibly with a couple hard, uncontrolled launches while getting used to the new car, maybe my mounts have taken a trip to the deep end??

anyone with a little insight or similar experiences, id appreciate any advice as i still havent had time to have the dealer check into it, or even if i should have them check it out if all theyre gonna tell me is i dont know how to drive a manual and have ruined my clutch already :?:

1 - 20 of 234 Posts